i'll stand in line for that one LadyNorthStar
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm.

Seems funny that none of the other crimes in the area was blasted in the local news, only one involving a truck driver. And why not?

This is the slow deterioration of our profession invaded by criminals due to profits. That's right, profits for the company. A company who allows criminals to work for them should be rightfully accountable to civil and criminal charges as well.

But they're not, are they? These companies hire on these so called "good buddies", then wonder why crimes like this happen. As far as the press is concern...." We didn't know that he would be a risk" or "We were just trying to give him a second chance after getting out of jail". Face it, this is reality.

These types of crimes will continue to happen until these companies are well know for hiring these criminals, and good drivers refuse to drive for them.

Fat chance of that happening.

Am I wrong?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
"His blue Smithway Motor Xpress rig with Iowa plates "
Maybe we should start of companies who hire criminals. We can start with this one.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Was he previously convicted of something?
Sad what this world is coming to.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNorthStar
Was he previously convicted of something?
Sad what this world is coming to.
He's 47. Capture and held a prisoner for 3 days, with physical abuse and rape involved.

I just can't believe that this was his first time. If they look, they will probably find a record.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Seems funny that none of the other crimes in the area was blasted in the local news, only one involving a truck driver. And why not?
And you know this how? Did the original poster quote the ENTIRE newspaper for that day? Or week? :roll:

Quote:
Maybe we should start [a list] of companies who hire criminals. We can start with this one.
Why? Was he a criminal when they hired him? Did they know? SMX is a good company. What do YOU know of them? :roll:

Quote:
I just can't believe that this was his first time. If they look, they will probably find a record.
Who gives 2 chits what you CAN'T BELIEVE? Are you judge and jury now? And you'll suspend his constitutional rights because of YOUR speculations? :roll:

And you'll tarnish a Company's NAME because you THINK you know something about them?

How about we start a list of drivers who shouldn't be HIRED because they think ALL companies are greedy crooks who go out of their way to hire the criminal element? And we can start with YOU. :roll:

I don't KNOW you, and I don't know what you THINK (or actually might) know..... but this is irresponsible speculation on your part. You want to BASH him for what he has "alledgedly" done to this girl (who we don't know a thing about) FINE..... I'll take a swing myself. But, you are LEAPING to conclusions (about the driver AND the company) that the original news report just DOESN'T support!

Oh..... and WELCOME to the forum!! :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I say STRING HIM UP for what he did.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
He's 47. Capture and held a prisoner for 3 days, with physical abuse and rape involved.

Or even more scary is the thought that he may never have been in trouble and this is not his first victim, just the first time he was caught.

Just another fine example of why I don't go bragging that I am a truck driver to anyone. It throws me into the pot of lowlifes that do proudly call themselves truckers (sorry to those who don't fall into that category). In this world they always try to make you guilty by association and that is one association I won't say I below to.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
I say STRING HIM UP for what he did.
Which ONE?? The "perp" or the Poster? :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
And you know this how? Did the original poster quote the ENTIRE newspaper for that day? Or week? :roll:

Quote:
Maybe we should start [a list] of companies who hire criminals. We can start with this one.
Why? Was he a criminal when they hired him? Did they know? SMX is a good company. What do YOU know of them? :roll:

Quote:

Who gives 2 chits what you CAN'T BELIEVE? Are you judge and jury now? And you'll suspend his constitutional rights because of YOUR speculations? :roll:

And you'll tarnish a Company's NAME because you THINK you know something about them?

How about we start a list of drivers who shouldn't be HIRED because they think ALL companies are greedy crooks who go out of their way to hire the criminal element? And we can start with YOU. :roll:

I don't KNOW you, and I don't know what you THINK (or actually might) know..... but this is irresponsible speculation on your part. You want to BASH him for what he has "alledgedly" done to this girl (who we don't know a thing about) FINE..... I'll take a swing myself. But, you are LEAPING to conclusions (about the driver AND the company) that the original news report just DOESN'T support!

Oh..... and WELCOME to the forum!! :lol: :lol:
First, thanks for the Welcome mat.

Now, if SMX was such a good company, they would have done a background check. And 95% of all criminals who have this crime are repeat offenders. But your right.

The guy is innocent until proven guilty. And so is the company. After all, this is America.

Where truck drivers will defend each other, no matter what the guilty does. After all, we got to be politically correct, right?

Nope. Not I. I've been driving around a few years, mostly local. And even though that's not a whole lot of time, it's enough to see scum of the industry...enough is enough. At least for me it is.

I'll continue to bash away on both him and the company who put him on the road.

One more thing. Go ahead and put me on that list companies shouldn't hire. I'll be glad not to belong to dirtbag companies who hire criminals.

Being new to this forum doesn't mean new to the world. The guy is a rapist. SMX hired him, and sponcerred his wave of terror of at least one victim. And they did it to make money.

If that's ok for you, fine. It's not for me, and I don't give 2 chits what anyone else believes.

Later.