User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My $.02 worth. Been doing this 10+ yrs. There was no reason for that guy to be in top of the tank to unload, so the whole video is suspect. Its obviously in different part of the world , due to the truck make & set up of the truck, so anything is possible.Their "standards" are much less than ours.

Cell phone can not, have not and will not cause an ignition. All the rack stuff etc is BS from the insurence side of the industry, put in place by those who sit behind a desk, have no clue how the job is done , and are reacting to the would/could/what if urban legand crap about cell phones. They are just trying to cover their ass.

If the dude on top were wearing polyester pants THAT could have done it ,since they will create a static electricity themselves. That is what has caused all the "explosions'" during winter months while people fuel their cars, NOT the cell phone.

Quote:
Prevention of Ignition Sources
• Do not allow open flames, cigarettes or sparks in the vicinity of handling operations or storage areas.
• Bonding/ground cable connections must be clean and made in the prescribed manner, either
connecting, using rack grounding system or grounding cable and clamp to truck brass/aluminum
grounding/bonding pins.
• Permit only explosion-proof electrical appliances, switches, lamps and flashlights in hazardous zones
(i.e. compartments, domes, near vents and fill pipes).
• Inspect battery-operated equipment for defects before each use.
Truck ignition, CB's, radio equipment, pagers, cell phones, lights and other electrical equipment must
be off during loading.
How would one pump off a load of gas, to a bulk plant?

Isnt the scully system electrical equipment?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:43 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
If the dude on top were wearing polyester pants THAT could have done it ,since they will create a static electricity themselves. That is what has caused all the "explosions'" during winter months while people fuel their cars, NOT the cell phone.
So the lesson here would be that if you are at a gas station in the winter time and there is a 400# lady in a pea-green polyester mu-mu getting ready to fill up her 1982 ford station wagon, you should run like hell?

Got it.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight
So the lesson here would be that if you are at a gas station in the winter time and there is a 400# lady in a pea-green polyester mu-mu getting ready to fill up her 1982 ford station wagon, you should run like hell?

Got it.

...screaming.....Good Lord ! ....MY EYES...MY EYES !
Old 12-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Rookie
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight

Got it.

...screaming.....Good Lord ! ....MY EYES...MY EYES !
Winter OR summer, it doesnt matter, you see that..run like hell screaming ..."everyone , HIDE YOUR TWINKIES"