User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Driver Dies Montana-Idaho Border

The following posted on http://www.kpax.com/ The CBS Affiliate Missoula, Montana

Man killed in crash near Montana-Idaho border

Sep 7, 2007 05:58 PM
Photo courtesy Olen Paulsen KPAX-TV

Officials with the Montana Highway Patrol say that a truck driver was killed when he lost control of its semi and it crashed over an embankment east of Lolo Pass on Friday.

The accident happened about two miles east of the Montana-Idaho border on U.S. Highway 12.

Troopers are still on the scene investigating the crash but say it appears the driver, whose identity hadn't been released, was traveling too fast when he lost control, smashed through a guardrail, went down a 150 foot embankment and landed upside down near a creek.

Officials add the truck driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

When I saw this on TV the one photo showed a badly broken up truck with what appeared to be a red cab. The cargo was large rolls of paper- perhaps newsprint.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Rookie

Could have been kraft paper from the Frenchtown,MT mill just west of Missoula,MT.

rjallen Are they getting the Chippey Creek fire under control yet?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit one
Could have been kraft paper from the Frenchtown,MT mill just west of Missoula,MT.

rjallen Are they getting the Chippey Creek fire under control yet?
You might be right. The truck might be, I don't know and can find nothing on it this morning, a Watkins Sheppard rig.

Chippy Creek, as most of the fires, is now contained. A little smoke but thats all. Our home is in the Flathead Forest. The Brush Creek Fire ended up only 10 miles for our doorstep. Its contained too. Fires will not be really out until the snow flies. We did have some rain last night. :roll:

Rick
Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Default update

Details released in fatal crash near Montana-Idaho border

Sep 8, 2007 11:43 PM EDT

Authorities say that the truck driver who was killed in a crash on Friday near the Montana-Idaho border was from Orofino, Idaho but so far they are not releasing the victim's name.

The semi-truck crashed into a guardrail on U.S. Highway 12 and careened 150 feet over an embankment. Officials say the truck was heading east when it went around a corner too fast, went through the guardrail and then rolled down a cliff.

Emergency crews rappelled down the embankment but the driver was pronounced dead on the scene. Police also tell us that the 48-year-old driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjallen
Chippy Creek, as most of the fires, is now contained. A little smoke but thats all. Our home is in the Flathead Forest. The Brush Creek Fire ended up only 10 miles for our doorstep. Its contained too. Fires will not be really out until the snow flies. We did have some rain last night. :roll:

Rick
I'm glad its contained .That was a wild one. I drive for the BLM and Forrest service in Billings some weekends when I'm home. I delivered trailers to the base camp in Marion,MT. a few weeks ago. We decided to go to the mess tent for supper, Man that was good food. Sounds like we may be going back to get them soon.

You live in a beautiful area. True God's country.