User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default double tragedy in Ontario

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/st...4304ff&k=86984

The link will take you to a story about a trucker killing two people in an accident on our major highway in Ontario and fleeing the scene, than tragically hours later another truck driver dies at the accident site where police were diverting traffic.

The fellow who died is near my age and from my area, although I don't know him personally. From police reports, it appears he failed to slow down and slammed into the back of another trailer. A part of me doesn't want to believe he was wrong, that the less-experienced guy in front jumped on the binders too soon and too hard but I guess we're all responsible to establish a safe distance between vehicles.

This is the second recent incident with a trucker hitting someone on the 401 and fleeing. The driver of the first truck in the accident listed below was arrested a couple hundred miles away at a truck stop in eastern Ontario.

A Brampton woman, 25, was killed when her car was hit by a transport truck on Highway 401. Her car had been struck by a tractor-trailer just moments before she was struck. She had led her 3-year-old daughter Orbela to safety in a ditch, but returned to the vehicle before the car was struck a second time.

Doesn't reflect very well on truckers or the trucking industry here; no wonder the provincial government has decided to govern all trucks to 105 kilometres per hour (65mph).

Just a sad day in Ontario and a black eye for trucking overall.
:sad: