User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Years ago I caught a trucker movie which was in B and W. Must have been made in the 50s and I sure as heck don't remember the title or who the actors were playing the drivers . It would probably make for a good remake in this hi- tech day and age, maybe shoot it in Afghanistan or South America.

The basic story line was about loads of liquid nitro needing to be transported to a mining company down some latin american highway in the jungle on dirt roads with mud holes as big as hollywood swimming pools, and obstacles at every turn. Schoolbuses, donkeys, bandito hijackers, whatever..

The original film really caught the tenseness of the situation as the truckers raced against time to deliver the delicately packed and extremely sensitive cargo .

Anyone else see it or know what it was called ? I will check that Truckflick website and see if it's listed.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Road Games from 1980 starring Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis, a bit of Hitchcockian fun with some really terrificly ridiculous truck driving in the final 15 minutes of the film --down narrow alleyways and impossible corners.

And I always tell newbies to watch The Long, Long Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, because it is such a hoot watching Desi try to pull that big long trailer with the car. The backing scenes are especially funny. And the mountain driving --historic shots on roadways that have not accomodated big rigs in a very long time.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Rookie

There are a few episodes of "King of the Hill" where truck driving is the main focus

Quote:
"Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Propane" that is the name of the episode it is in season 8 and it is like the 7th episode of the season. I am pretty sure that is the episode you are asking about. They are taking some furniture to Hank's mom when her friend dies. So Hank gets a big truck and him and Bobby go on a trip to deliver it.
Is the episode I was thinking about...

------------------------------------------
Check out my online store - semi truck parts
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam_Murphy View Post
Road Games from 1980 starring Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis, a bit of Hitchcockian fun with some really terrificly ridiculous truck driving in the final 15 minutes of the film --down narrow alleyways and impossible corners.

And I always tell newbies to watch The Long, Long Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, because it is such a hoot watching Desi try to pull that big long trailer with the car. The backing scenes are especially funny. And the mountain driving --historic shots on roadways that have not accomodated big rigs in a very long time.
I watched The Long, Long Trailer last night.