User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the state your in. But I do know that in California, both felonies and misdemeanors are expungeable after 1 year of having a clean criminal record even if you plead guilty. You have to pay to remove them that's all. I'd consult a lawyer if they aren't allowing you to do that. Or maybe move to a state that's not so strict. This was 5 years ago, maybe it's changed by now though.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Coast Driver
I don't know about the state your in. But I do know that in California, both felonies and misdemeanors are expungeable after 1 year of having a clean criminal record even if you plead guilty. You have to pay to remove them that's all. I'd consult a lawyer if they aren't allowing you to do that. Or maybe move to a state that's not so strict. This was 5 years ago, maybe it's changed by now though.

read his post

Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Senior Board Member

i couldn't tell you if companies will accept either type of pardon but even having a simple one is better than what you have right now which is nothing. sketch out the pros and cons of each, such as ease of obtaining, time frame, cost, to make an intelligent decision. either way if you do get one it will look a whole lot better on your record than doing nothing at all. it will open the door for a positive conversation in an interview.

me personally i would go with a simple pardon since it's easier to get, takes less time, and with a growing family, and bills to pay you don't have a lot of time to play around. but in additon to that i would take fredogs advice one step further and recommend a remedial english class for your spelling and grammar. that will help you in filling out applications and also in interviews. in additon i would make sure i could look the interviewer in the eye and not blame anyone (like the va beach police) or thing (the misdemeanor) for my situation, but be able to talk to an interviewer about my past mistakes and what i'm doing in the present to make sure this doesn't happen again. are you going to aa meetings? put it down! if not, how did you stop drinking? what reassurances can you offer other than your word that you have changed?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Can Somebody give me advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
one other thing,. there's no such thing as positive points on your license.[/color]
This poster is in Virginia. A perfect driver has a point balance of +5 in Virginia. That's doubtless what he's talking about.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Can Somebody give me advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
one other thing,. there's no such thing as positive points on your license.[/color]
This poster is in Virginia. A perfect driver has a point balance of +5 in Virginia. That's doubtless what he's talking about.

There may be drivers with perfect records, but there are no "perfect" drivers
Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Rookie

Yeah dude, I was telling my girl when I saw my post that I would get pounded for saying perfect driver. That was truelly a accident, see I type real fast but I don't type correctly. Im a fast pecker of the keys, I can do that almost as good as someone who is typeing correctly. Most of my spelling errors are typos, but alot of them is just, well it's just I need to go back to school I guess. As for my puncuations and such, well I sorta throw them any were they look good. And they do have a point system here in Va., In which I have +5. I am not a perfect driver at all, In fact I'm still learning, I'm going on only 3 years now with my CDL. And I don't have any tickets, or accidents. But every time I get in the Rig I learn new stuff. And for the whole alchol thing, well all that is my fought, I'm not afraid to admit that. Everything that is going on in my life now, is due to mistakes I have made in my life. But everyone makes mistakes, and so should everyone get a chance to better there life if there trying. I am only asking for suggestion on how I can fix my mistakes, and go foward in my life as a citizen. A citizen with a family, goal, and very bad typeing and grammer skills. I appreciate everyones help, and I am takeing all this seriously. I'm just a man feeling like he is in a slump, and I am trying to claw my way out of it. Ohh yeah and even though the drinking is my fought and I admit to that. Most the cops in Va Beach are C*nts and are trying to meet a quota. If your comeing out a bar and your not going to drive. You need to give a person a chance, lay off his balls a little.