LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
I've cracked the "secret" code.

I see that all the time on craigslist, especially when I look at the car advertisements. People post a bunch of jiberish down below the text of their post so that when you search for a specific word it will hit on their advertisement. So, if you were doing a search for the word drummer and then the ad for the trucking job would pop up and you'd say that this ad has nothing to do with drumming, wth?

I RULE!!!!!!
Thanks. I would have never that to be the reason. And it sounds about for recruiters, no matter what company they work for. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I've never been paid by the mile, or have talked about it...But reading this forum... I honestly can't believe people would give soo much to a job for so little in return... Honestly, ???? Believe this, the recruiting... is not to get the greatest minds like M.I.T.
Biggest suckers, Yah...

I got it... finely
Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
Just a simple question to lamb chops,
If JB is such a great company,
why do you omit the name from the ad?
Maybe nobody would call?
When we recruiters put ads out there on our own, whether we pay for it or a free service, we are not allowed to use JB hunts logo or name. Legal reasons. Many of use spend 1000s of dollars a year of our own money advertising. I suppose our legal dept worries that if someone were to be let go, they could come back and bill JB for all those ads.

This is a pretty standard policy in any company that has sales or commissioned employees that run their own ads.

No big conspiracy there....sorry.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I see that all the time on craigslist, especially when I look at the car advertisements. People post a bunch of jiberish down below the text of their post so that when you search for a specific word it will hit on their advertisement. So, if you were doing a search for the word drummer and then the ad for the trucking job would pop up and you'd say that this ad has nothing to do with drumming, wth?
Nope, that not the reason we do it. Hmmmm, should I tell the real reason?
Its so much fun watching cluggy think that its some sort of dishonest recruiter tactic. I guess I will let the big secret out of the "hiddin secret codes" on craigslist ads.

The reason people put those invisible words on some craigslist ads is pretty simple. Craiglist has a rule where they dont want you to run the same ads in multiple cities. Many people run scams on craigslist. They usually do this by running the same ad in many cities. Their servers look for multiple ads and will pull them if they find them. So if you just copy and paste a few random words at the bottom of your ad in white, people wont see them (except people like cluggy with too much free time) and their computers will think its a completely different ad.
Doing this helps us recruiters when we are have the same job in multiple cities. Sure beats writing a different ad for the same job in 50 different cities. That would take a long time.
So no big conspiracy here either....just a little time saving trick.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:

Nope, that not the reason we do it. Hmmmm, should I tell the real reason?
Its so much fun watching cluggy think that its some sort of dishonest recruiter tactic. I guess I will let the big secret out of the "hiddin secret codes" on craigslist ads.

The reason people put those invisible words on some craigslist ads is pretty simple. Craiglist has a rule where they dont want you to run the same ads in multiple cities. Many people run scams on craigslist. (like recruiters?) They usually do this by running the same ad in many cities. Their servers look for multiple ads and will pull them if they find them. So if you just copy and paste a few random words at the bottom of your ad in white, people wont see them (except people like cluggy with too much free time) and their computers will think its a completely different ad.
Doing this helps us recruiters when we are have the same job in multiple cities. Sure beats writing a different ad for the same job in 50 different cities. That would take a long time.
So no big conspiracy here either....just a little time saving trick.
You know, it's funny. I post what i make every paycheck, but i always seem to have all of this free time on my hands. I wonder why. Ahhhh, ok....I remember. I'm not spending my time in some truck stop, waiting for a load. I guess my job is kind of a time saver as well, eh? :wink:

BTW.....I still think it's "secret recruiter code" for something. I guess I'll have to spend some more of my free time on it, as well. :lol: :lol:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'