User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Popeye,

We all had our "horrors" when we were first learning to drive. I wanted to go mountain driving desperately. The other two guys I was in training with could shift but would jam on the brakes and give all of us whiplash.

They got to go mountain driving and the instructor made me stay inside Denver to get more shifting practice. I hated to shift and was horrible at it. It does come to you. I missed the mountain driving part though. Living in Denver, I definitely should have been able to be instructed in the mountains though.

I love mountain driving and would stay out west if I could get the freight. Hate the four wheeler traffic in the east but have no choice since I can't make a living with my current employer driving the 11 Western.

Shucks, I might miss the opportunity to chain in the winter if they keep me east of Colorado. I'd certainly hate that! I suspect when winter comes I'll be back on 11 Western. Now I've gotten the opportunity to swelter in the South East in the summer, I'll probably be chaining in the winter out west. I guess that's trucking for you.

Good luck. I still would hate being a local driver and backing all day long with tons of lights. in the city. I'm definitely better at driving than backing. I've driven 3 years and still dread going to shippers and receivers worrying about "tight spots". I'm good at backing also-so it's just a quirk of mine. :roll: 8)
Old 08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: I am mad at everyone on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye
I just wanted to let all the posters know that I am very angry with all of them :evil: . I have spent roughly 3 mos. absorbing as much info as I could about this field and have heard what I thought was the hardest parts of the job. So 08/13 I start My CDL training and what do I find out --- SHIFTING :? is the most confusing and at this point the hardest thing.

Actutally this board has been great for information and I would like to say thank you to everyone that has posted useful (and some useless :P ) information. I have drastically improved but my first day I felt really bad for the truck and trainer ops: . I think for the 2 hrs I drove today I had about 10 -12 bad shifts. Compared to Monday when I had about 95% bad shifts. :cry:

Again thanks to everyone that has answered questions for me and all the great info provided by CAD
Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Board Regular

[quote="Fredog

quote]

It's never good when Fredog has time on his hands. Don't you and Useless have a new radio to be building. :P
Old 08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote=Popeye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Fredog
[img
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/fredog33540/4_bab_0210.gif[/img]
quote]

It's never good when Fredog has time on his hands. Don't you and Useless have a new radio to be building. :P
yes yes, thanks for reminding me
Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Board Regular

Fredog I heard that the FCC was now reviewing a petition to outlaw any use of a container that once held a bean of any type other than Lima. What is this world coming to :roll:
Old 08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Fredog I heard that the FCC was now reviewing a petition to outlaw any use of a container that once held a bean of any type other than Lima. What is this world coming to? :roll:
NOT gonna happen!! The FCC has been challenged in court, and the 11th Circuit has ruled in favor of PFFT!!! (Parents For Flatulent Truckers!)

This new "LIMA only" rule has been vacated and the FCC will have to return to the days when even PINTO bean cans could be used!! (However, CORN is highly recommended for its "roughage" value!) :lol:

PFFT!! Had no comment on the ruling. Neither did the Justices, as they had all been forced to vacate the courtroom after the testimony by PFFT!! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Fredog I heard that the FCC was now reviewing a petition to outlaw any use of a container that once held a bean of any type other than Lima. What is this world coming to :roll:

I bet you anything that Ray is behind it
Old 08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Fredog I heard that the FCC was now reviewing a petition to outlaw any use of a container that once held a bean of any type other than Lima. What is this world coming to? :roll:
NOT gonna happen!! The FCC has been challenged in court, and the 11th Circuit has ruled in favor of PFFT!!! (Parents For Flatulent Truckers!)

This new "LIMA only" rule has been vacated and the FCC will have to return to the days when even PINTO bean cans could be used!! (However, CORN is highly recommended for its "roughage" value!) :lol:

PFFT!! Had no comment on the ruling. Neither did the Justices, as they had all been forced to vacate the courtroom after the testimony by PFFT!! :wink:

Hobo this may have been correct but now BEANS (the Benevolent Enforcement on All Networks Society, lead by none other than RR) has reintroduced the petition to congress. I understand that PFFT is not happy about this but are out of money to fight it anylonger. I am now in the process of switching my radio to canned mushrooms because I refuse to use Lima cans.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Board Regular

Ok now that the games are over I just thought I would let people know that I passed my DOT Class A CDL test today :P . Again, a thanks to the posters on this board for providing helpful (and sarcastic :wink: ) information.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Way to Go Popeye!!!!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln