Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Jailed border agents case tied to Mexican trucks

Jailed border agents case tied to Mexican trucks
Drug smuggler had commercial drivers license

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

WND has discovered a previously unreported connection between the case of Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean and the Department of Transportation's Mexican truck-demonstration project.

In the Ramos-Compean case, the two agents convicted for 11 and 12 year prison terms respectively for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler, an overlooked fact is that the fleeing smuggler held a valid Mexican commercial drivers license at the time of the incident.

In his testimony at the trial of Ramos and Compean, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila first testified that he held a commercial drivers license that expired in November 2004.

Under cross-examination from Ramos' defense counsel Mary Stillinger, Aldrete-Davila reversed his testimony, admitting he had two commercial drivers licenses and that one of the licenses, which authorized him to transport hazardous material, was valid until 2013.

Under close questioning, Stillinger refuted Aldrete-Davila's contention that a certificate on his second license required to transport hazardous material had expired six months before the drug incident involving Ramos and Compean.

Stillinger established that Aldrete-Davila had a certificate valid through December 2005, giving him permission to go into Pemex, Mexico's state-owned oil company, to transport gasoline.

The incident involving Ramos and Compean occurred on Feb. 17, 2005.

Aldrete-Davila maintained at trial he committed the drug offense only because he had lost his commercial drivers license and needed money for his sick mother.

Critics believe evidence of the second drug load Davila brought into the United States while given immunity by prosecuting U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton establishes Aldrete-Davila was an experienced drug runner, not the picture of the victim he was by prosecutors to present to the jurors at trial.

That a drug smuggler such as Aldrete-Davila could hold a Mexican commercial drivers license is proof that Mexico has no reliable method to screen the previous criminal records of commercial drivers who might get certified as "trusted traders" under the Security and Prosperity Partnership definition of FAST lanes designated for use in the Mexican truck DOT demonstration project.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Board Member

So the thugs that shot an unarmed man in the back is related to the Mexican companies legally coming across the border. Man it must really be crowded in the skull of the dummy that came up with that story...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
That a drug smuggler such as Aldrete-Davila could hold a Mexican commercial drivers license is proof that Mexico has no reliable method to screen the previous criminal records of commercial drivers who might get certified as "trusted traders" under the Security and Prosperity Partnership definition of FAST lanes designated for use in the Mexican truck DOT demonstration project.
The author of that story is totally clueless. Does he realize how many CDL holders in the US have criminal records?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
Quote:
The author of that story is totally clueless. Does he realize how many CDL holders in the US have criminal records?
How many?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
How many?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Board Regular

. It is just an article without any comments from the poster.Why jump on him ? Because it's opinion does not coincide with the one you were given for today?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
. It is just an article without any comments from the poster.Why jump on him ? Because it's opinion does not coincide with the one you were given for today?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Board Regular

He looks like a real intelligent fellow. I'd have a meaningful conversation with him anytime.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
How many?
WOW! I had no idea
Old 09-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
So the thugs that shot an unarmed man in the back is related to the Mexican companies legally coming across the border. Man it must really be crowded in the skull of the dummy that came up with that story...
Fozzy

Your comments are disturbing to me. I too have a military background and was in law enforcement for over 14 years. Your service to your country [as well as your son's] are greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed your posts and because of my respect for you, I am compelled to reply.

I have read everything concerning this border incident and for the life of me, I really don't know what happened. I don't think you know either. The border patrolmen do probably need to be fired and MAY need to suffer some criminal penalty, but 10-12 years for shooting a fleeing felon is a bit much. What I do know is the prosecution of the two agents, while giving a complete pass to the Mexican national who has been bringing poison into this country, is wrong.

The point of the original article is Mexican drivers will have no screening. ANYONE with any experience with Mexico knows traffic safety and national security will suffer. Drugs and illegal immigration will increase. I imagine those very same Mexican trucks may be the very instrument used by our enemies to bring the forces and ammunition needed for the next round of attacks on America.

There are powerful forces afoot. Large scale importation of drugs and the influx of millions of illegals with no screening for health, criminality or other problems can only happen with the consent of those in high places. Some will profit, most of us and American will not.