User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

correct, and we are all consumers, i guess im gonna start making biodiesel, mcdonalds here i come :lol:
Old 07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Being that the article is written by a commodity's correspondence take that article with a grain of salt. Commodity's are bought and sold on speculations just as this article is based on speculation. Yes, the demand is going to increase but so will production, so petroleum company's can continue to make billions.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Good one, Cluggy. :lol:

I have to say, those are the lamest commercials I have ever seen. :shock: :lol: :P
Lame perhaps... but much better than the ongoing circus show at 1600 Pennsylvania.

Hi mom
Old 07-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Actually, everyone is going to be in a worse situation, and much sooner. Biofuels are already having a serious impact on food livestock production. More farms are actually going out of business due to higher fuel costs, and cost for corn to grow to feed their livestock...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you don't want biofuels, they are not going to cost less to make anytime soon, and they are impacting the heart of food production in this country, and around the world.

Which would you prefer, food, or fuel?...

Frankly, they should have turned to other sources for biofuel production, soybeans, olives, canola, any other organic means other than corn. Corn is to much of a basic necessity for the production of food livestock, to place it's use the biofuel catagory...

I've recently spoken with this regions largest Dairy Cattle businessman, and they are hurting due to the corn issue. Not only does it cost them more to feed their Dairy Cattle, but, to buy corn to grow their corn crops to feed their animals, and their fuel costs are still going up anyway to run equipment...

So, where is the savings in this biofuel scheme?... It was, and is a bad idea to divert a basic food staple to the production of fuel. You would think that the scientists would have come up with a better idea...

Haven't talked with any farmers who do cash crops, and grow corn. They are happy to get more money for their corn, but, in the long run they are cutting their own throats in other ways in the end...

Kind of like credit card debt, using two credit cards to pay off the bill of the other, instead of clearing up the debt completely in the first place.

It is an escalating situation, that will only get worse as time moves on...

Would love to talk to the individual who came up with the corn crop for biofuel idea in the first place...

I'd rather see waste veggie oils, recycled for fuel use first... Heck there has got to be plenty of that available, and has been used to fuel specially rigged diesel vehicles already... Would like to know where all the waste veggie oils end up, once they leave the businesses that use them... Haven't heard anything in regard to them using it for vehicle fuel usage, has anyone else?...

Well, the fact here folks is plain, and simple the only way your going to reduce fuel needs is to reduce your human population, period. The days of needing large families to run the farm are gone, and the need to have kids isn't there anymore either...

I say get a pet instead... :lol: They're cheaper to keep, and they don't pollute the planet like humans do... :lol: :wink: Look at it this way, you don't have to pay for braces, prom's, graduations, college, weddings, etc... Think of the money you could save for that great retirement, or extended vacation you've always wanted to take... Or better yet, on your fuel costs... You only live once folks, take advantage of it. But, leave this world better for all the living beings that inhabit it now, and in the future... Just my opinion... :wink:

Old 07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Life will go on...
But you gotta wonder about the guy who predicts "record high prices by 2012".................Pssstt, PAL! We're AT record high prices! :lol:

Yeah. It'll get higher. And then someday we'll run low on oil. But life'll go on.