User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ever wish a cop saw that?

Ever been in a situation where you wish a cop could see what's going on? I had one down in Georgia. I pulled into a truckstop in Ga. and when I was pulling out on the exit drive to get on the access road to get back on the interstate a car pulled up beside my truck and was trying to make a right hand turn while I was trying to make a left.
She was actually in the truck entrance lane of the truck stop. Had I proceeded to turn I would have drug my trailer right over her car. :x I was about to get out and ask her to get out of the way when like magic a cop rolls up beside her and asks her what she thinks she's doing. :roll: She points to the right and indicates she's going that way, and she's waiting for me to move.
The cop explains to her why the truck can't go without running over her and he made her back up out of my way. I waved a big thank you to that cop as I pulled out.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Board Regular

yeah alot anymore. with the kids on crotch rockets "stuntin" down the highway, drivin quads on the main roads. etc. makes ya wonder why here in PA there is no helmet law for bikers. :roll:

only problem is the bikes can go alot faster then the cops so it wouldnt take long for them to get away. why do they sell 200+mph bikes for use on the street? and they wonder why they can identify someone in a collision?

but yeah i know exactly what you mean. we get yelled at cause we cant take a turn without someone moving for us and they get mad. :lol:
Old 05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I have a little more tolerance.
I mean it takes a a criminal act for me to think in terms of..."I wish a Cop saw that."

Like the reckless driving mentioned, or drunks, road rage, etc.

With simple traffic ignorance or minor circumstance...I smile and keep my cool. Lots of times I will come through a small town and need every inch of space to negotiate a corner. That big white line is where people are to remain behind...so large vehicles can turn. Most everytime...though...they are way past that..and you are caught having to ask them to back up a little. We all can site numerous circumstances.

Many non-coms just do not understand our limitations, and I have found if you remain patient or even in a friendly way...let them know what you need...most will respond with friendliness in return. Attitude can be everything.

There are your exceptions, the ones who commit criminal behavior...those are your enemies...not the regular 4-wheeler. I see too many Professional Drivers who react like everyone out there is in their way.

Be patient...and life will return to your happy place. Practice your smile as often as possible. People can tell a forced smile.

...and remember...a smile increases your face value. hehehe :P
Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Board Regular

I was coming home from work the other night at 11:30 pm on a straight stretch of 4 lane headed south.. There was an intersection with a traffic light a little more than a 1/4 mile ahead. I had the green and seen a car to the right stop on the red. No one was coming north. The car sat there maybe 2 sec. and went through the red light and headed north. I said to myself "That s.o.b just went through that red light, where is a cop when you need one". As that car went past me, that s.o.b was a New Castle County cop! Unreal :roll:
Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Board Regular

yeah i have seen cops throw their cherries and blueberries on to go through redlights and light traffic just to get through it faster. once they are through they turn em off. :roll:
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Board Regular

I forgot to add...he didn't even use his lights.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Years ago I worked as a cashier in a little Mom and Pop truck stop. One afternoon I heard this loud boom followed by crunch, crunch and another loud boom.

Some yuppy types in thier shiny new Beemer decided to race a big truck out of the lot and make a left heading back to the interstate before him and got ran over.

The yuppy couple came running into the truck stop demanding the police be called and the driver came in just shaking his head. I called the local PD out and after investigating the incident decided the driver of the Beemer was at fault. Not liking that verdict the idiot calls the county sheriff out. Same results, then he goes and call the state police.

When the trooper gets there and sees a local and county already on site he was pissed and ended up writing citations for filing a false police report, failing to yield the right of way, and about four other violations. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Board Icon

Uturn...I woulda paid to see that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Ever wish a cop saw that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newolddrv
the truck stop. Had I proceeded to turn I would have drug my trailer right over her car.
I had one similar to that. I was coming out of a tight parking lot where I had to do a hard U to turn onto the side street to avoid clipping any cars, or running into a huge curb. To come out of this, you have to hug all the way up against the bushes on the entrance side of the entrance/exit. There's just no other way to do it.

So I'm looking left, car, car, car, and looking right to watch the car, car, car stack up at the light, gauging if I have enough room to get out onto the side street straight enough to avoid blocking up traffic. I do. Look left, clear, look right, clear, go.

CRUNCH!

WTF was that?!

I look in the blind spot mirror to see a blonde jumping out of a green SUV right before it's just on the verge of flipping over.

Somewhere in this a fourwheeler had come zooming right in front of my cabover, in the big blind spot, and had turned into the exit side of the drive to try to sneak through this parking lot and beat the light. She didn't do the math and realize she had nowhere to go but to drive through the side of my trailer, so she just sat there dumbfounded.

Unfortunately, I didn't see her. I learned a lesson that day about stupid fourwheeler tricks. I guess I didn't look at that blind spot because it never occurred to me that anyone would ever do anything that stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a fourwheeler.

I had a lot of explaining to do, but in the end, nobody held that one against me.

NOT PREVENTABLE. Case dismissed, lesson learned.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah...4-wheelers continue to amaze me. 'Course I'm a 4-wheeler myself so I continue to amaze me too. 'Course it doesn't take much to amaze me. Amazin' ain't it! :roll:

Sorry about the digression....

Anywho, I find myself triple-checking all the mirrors when I'm in tight turns. You can never be too careful!

Snap! No wonder my neck hurts at the end of the day. Honey...could you give me a neck rub?