User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gotta love that great state I live in! I'm almost positive that PA is full of :dung: ! Why do we elect these people? I really don't know. It seams to me that our woundeful state loves everything that keeps us moving and supplied. There was an argument where Norfolk Southern was going to increase their speed limit through a PA town, and the town tried to fight it, even though the railroads speed is nobody's business but the railroads! They said that one derailment would be so bad and kill so many people. Bull :dung: ! They kill more people in their family cars than trains and trucks combined do! Why do we restrict the safe drivers/transit modes? Why not crack down on the idiot that runs into a truck, or goes around the crossing gate instead of trying to convict an innocent driver or engineer of murder for someone else's stupidity? Government and press is going to make this world a mess!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Board Regular

I agree, alot of times the accidents are the cars fault for stupidity but the trucks get the bad rap. Now on the other hand if it is the truckers fault or the equiptment is faulty :roll: Then they should be punished as the law allows or says.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/Cpullerdude
Why not crack down on the idiot that runs into a truck, or goes around the crossing gate instead of trying to convict an innocent driver or engineer of murder for someone else's stupidity? Government and press is going to make this world a mess!
Unfortunatly, they can't convict those idiots, because those idiots end up dead in the crashes.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/Cpullerdude
Why not crack down on the idiot that runs into a truck, or goes around the crossing gate instead of trying to convict an innocent driver or engineer of murder for someone else's stupidity? Government and press is going to make this world a mess!
Unfortunatly, they can't convict those idiots, because those idiots end up dead in the crashes.
I don't mean it that way, good point though. In RR crossings, why not put up cameras like the ones at redlight intersections? It would reduce the risk of people going around the gates in the first place. Actually fine tose that run into trucks instead of the drivers. I read somewhere here that a driver was ticketed for eratic lane changes, when a 4 wheeler was changing lanes and ran into him. I belive he said he fought it, and the 4 wheeler ended up with the citation, not him. Why not fine the 4 wheeler in the first place? Convicting those dead from crashes may be impossible, but if those who survive get punished, we could prevent this. It would be impossoble to have a 0% death rate on highways/RR crossings, as accidents do occur (sp?), but it can be decreased.