User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I got a letter from my former employer

Dear: Me

Upon review your payroll ran negative. Please remit balance before July 31, 2007.

Your prompt attention to this notice will avoid this account from being sent to collection.

Sincerely,

former employer

Dates worked: July to August, 2005 (there's your first clue something is fishy)

This is a final notice as apparently the previous attempts to contact me were not forwarded by the post office. I moved on December 4th and it seems as if the post office has started forwarding again! :roll:

My response in form of a registered letter:

May 24, 2007
Re: FINAL NOTICE

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request a complete explanation of the FINAL NOTICE letter dated May 9, 2007 concerning a negative payroll due.

I have called your office twice and left messages without any reply. This letter is the first I have heard of this matter, even though there have been two tax cycles since I worked for 'former employer'

Until I receive a full explanation and detailed accounting of where this negative payroll issue is apparent, I will not send any payment. Your letter is most vague.

You can contact me at xxx.xxx.xxxx between the hours of 9:00 am and 10:30 am Monday, Tuesday and Friday. I am available at the same number any time of the day on Wednesday and Thursday.

Regards,

Me

This should turn out well, no doubt.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

:? Unfortunately, I can only observe the spiralling deficits, as this is above my pay grade.

But I will be happy to watch with interest. 8)
Old 05-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Board Icon

Colin: I believe you are handling it properly AT THIS POINT. However, I would not have been so kind. I would have threatened legal action if they in ANY way endangered MY credit by sending this delinquent affair to collection! I would have ensured them that I would call their accountant, AND the IRS agent handling their company returns as witnesses in my lawsuit. I might also use the word "racketeering," and threaten to involve the RICO statutes. I would also mention Mail Fraud, and threaten to call the Post Office as a witness.

Just out of curiosity, did you move in Dec of 05? Or 06?

Also, is there any truth to their claim? Did you take an advance that didn't get deducted from your last check? This is something you should know.

If it turns into another Ruby Ridge, let me know! I'll buy a gun illegally, and come help defend you!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

If it turns into another Ruby Ridge, let me know! I'll buy a gun illegally, and come help defend you!!
I really had to re-read this a few times. Not hobo, surely. :P :lol:
Old 05-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Board Icon

He takes his friendships seriously...and his many contradictions even more so.

...Ever see the movie "Little Big Man"...? Hobo is "The Contrary." :lol: :lol: :lol:

...Now dirt wash I gotta. :?
...Hello! :evil:
Old 05-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9
Quote:

I really had to re-read this a few times. Not hobo, surely. :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: K-9!!!

1) It was a comment on how easy it is to BUY a gun illegally because of the steadfast opposition to gun control by the Rep/Con/NRA types!

2) It was also a sign of my discontent with the gestapo tactics of this administration.

3) Once you start calling the government as a witness against their big business allies, you better expect an attack!

4) I am NOT against gun ownership! I am against people who won't regulate the availability of massive firepower, that is usually used to kill innocents, because they FEAR the supposed gestapo tactics of the administration they support!

5) Although, I don't "currently" own a gun, if and when push comes to shove, I will arm myself accordingly, and fight valiantly against ANY oppressor, whether foreign OR domestic!

6) In the meantime, I will continue to contend that you don't need an UZI to kill a deer, the proliferation of handguns in this country is DIRECTLY related to the number of lethal crimes, and "accidents," and the ILLEGAL firepower of criminals has cost us millions in training and arming of our "police forces."

7) And that ALL of these societal problems are DIRECTLY related to the availability of firearms which the conservatives REFUSE to help us curtail.

Other than THAT.... I LOVE the feel of a sleek 30/30 in my hands! ESPECIALLY when I know it doesn't HAVE to be fired!

But, make no mistake..... I have NO compunction to firing a weapon in self-defense! I'll kill a jackboot and spit on him before he dies!

Old 05-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: K-9!!!

1) It was a comment on how easy it is to BUY a gun illegally because of the steadfast opposition to gun control by the Rep/Con/NRA types!

2) It was also a sign of my discontent with the gestapo tactics of this administration.

3) Once you start calling the government as a witness against their big business allies, you better expect an attack!

4) I am NOT against gun ownership! I am against people who won't regulate the availability of massive firepower, that is usually used to kill innocents, because they FEAR the supposed gestapo tactics of the administration they support!

5) Although, I don't "currently" own a gun, if and when push comes to shove, I will arm myself accordingly, and fight valiantly against ANY oppressor, whether foreign OR domestic!

6) In the meantime, I will continue to contend that you don't need an UZI to kill a deer, the proliferation of handguns in this country is DIRECTLY related to the number of lethal crimes, and "accidents," and the ILLEGAL firepower of criminals has cost us millions in training and arming of our "police forces."

7) And that ALL of these societal problems are DIRECTLY related to the availability of firearms which the conservatives REFUSE to help us curtail.

Other than THAT.... I LOVE the feel of a sleek 30/30 in my hands! ESPECIALLY when I know it doesn't HAVE to be fired!

But, make no mistake..... I have NO compunction to firing a weapon in self-defense! I'll kill a jackboot and spit on him before he dies!
Hey bro, don't worry, I know your views. No offense, just seen 'em posted MANY times!! :P

Just have to razz ya sometimes, that's what friends are for! :wink:

Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Colin: I believe you are handling it properly AT THIS POINT. However, I would not have been so kind. I would have threatened legal action if they in ANY way endangered MY credit by sending this delinquent affair to collection! I would have ensured them that I would call their accountant, AND the IRS agent handling their company returns as witnesses in my lawsuit. I might also use the word "racketeering," and threaten to involve the RICO statutes. I would also mention Mail Fraud, and threaten to call the Post Office as a witness.

Just out of curiosity, did you move in Dec of 05? Or 06?

Also, is there any truth to their claim? Did you take an advance that didn't get deducted from your last check? This is something you should know.

I moved in December of 2006.

Any truth? I don't know. It was 22 months ago! I think I was only paid twice during the time I was there.

I imagine now I'll find out since I'm asking for the info.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Board Icon

No offense taken, K-9!! Just thought you were a bit surprised!!

Besides, I needed another excuse to warn certain types that the overthrow of the "liberal" masses won't come without casualties on their side!

As evidenced in Iraq, the worst mistake the neo-cons have made is to "underestimistake" their enemy! :wink:

I'm sure it's too late, but I'm trying to let them know, that they are not the ONLY ones who know how to shoot a gun!

Over 3000 American soldliers have paid the price for that miscalculation! And the worst part is that about 2,000 of them learned it after Dubya thought the mission was "accomplished!"

On this Memorial Day, I pay tribute to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for this and ALL wars! But, this year, my pride is overshadowed by my TEARS for those who have died for a cause that only 30 years of our future will, in some way, justify.

Yes, K-9... he IS my president. In the post-Nixon era, I would feel better if I believed he was the popular choice of Americans. But, nevertheless, if I were in uniform, I would fight for the policies and military objectives he somehow "stumbled" upon!

I would KILL the enemy with every ounce of my WASTED life! But, with my dying breath, I would cast my VOTE against HIM and his type!

There IS NO future to WAR, but more WAR! The ABSENCE of War is not capitulation and ruin! There is only ONE path to peace! And I pray that every dead American soldier is a stepping stone to that end.

If ONE country dominates the world militarily and philosophically, is that peace? If not, then what would be the alternative? And HOW, by the grace of God, do we get THERE???

Hobo

Old 05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Personally, I agree with some of the ideas of both "sides". On some issues, I agree with you, others I do not. I do not affiliate myself with either "side". My fiancee and I vote according to our beliefs, and opinions, not by "party affiliation". We like to say, "Let's agree, that we disagree on some things." Anyways, enough about me, sorry to hijack the thread.

Carry on! I'll get back to what I was doing....

:lol: :P