Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
TK, did the car stop or keep going??
The car turned and went on its way. From what I heard they never knew what happended. They knew I was behind them but for some reason they thought I made it ok, although it was impossibe. Somehow the police found them over an hour later based on a description of the car. I never found out anything about the other car. They may have got a ticket but I don't know. In the end it's still my responsibility, even if a car pulled out in front of me or stopped fast, to know whats going on in front of me, scan for hazards and maintain a safe following distance.
TK,

I glad that you ( and the others in the car ) are ok. It also means alot that you know where you fell short too. Many are too eager to try to place ALL the blame on others. Your a good man!

Ridge
Old 05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
How is it going TK, they get you back to work?
Yeah I went back to work today. Still waiting for insurance company to come out, Wednesday or Thursday maybe, they will also be reviewing my DMV report. I'll be stuck playing mechanic until everything gets figured out because we don't have any extra trucks.

As if enough hasn't gone wrong I was running a rental excavator today supplying scrap pallets to a tub grinder for mulch and I grappled some pallets and there was a long piece of wood that came up and blew out the windshield and bent the window frame. :evil: They say things happen in 3's, I'm not looking forward to the 3rd thing.

I hope that if I want to go back OTR someday this won't make it hard for me to get on with a decent company. I'll have to wait and see when that time comes. :?

Also, thank you to everybody for your kind words and concern
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
As if enough hasn't gone wrong I was running a rental excavator today supplying scrap pallets to a tub grinder for mulch and I grappled some pallets and there was a long piece of wood that came up and blew out the windshield and bent the window frame. :evil: They say things happen in 3's, I'm not looking forward to the 3rd thing.
:shock: Maybe a vacation is in order?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

I say if you fall off the horse or you flip the horse over, you should hop back on it. Hope the insurance company let's you stay on.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Reading what you've written, I can see you're still shaken. And, it'll take more than just a couple of deep breaths to calm down. I've been rolled over too, and hit a woman in CO because there was no where to go. It's not a good feeling, either way. The worst is to have a couple of little kids run out in front of you, then freeze, and you have no where to go. I don't think I'd be driving now if I'd hit them.

It'll take some time to calm down, but you won't ever REALLY get over it. If you don't let it do too harsh a number on you, it may actually improve you as a driver. You'll still be looking for cars to appear out of nowhere, twenty years from now. For me, it doesn't matter what kind of vehicle may be parked on the side of the road, I always look to see if I can see any kids in the area. It's been 14 years since they ran out in front of me.

Have you been back in a truck since it happened? Or have you been off work? And, how do you feel about driving now? You can get past it, but you'll be spending some time second-guessing everything you did.

Glad to hear you're physically still in one piece. The mental part won't ever leave you completely. Use it to your advantage. And best of luck to you.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
I hope that if I want to go back OTR someday this won't make it hard for me to get on with a decent company. I'll have to wait and see when that time comes. :?

Also, thank you to everybody for your kind words and concern
I don't know about the rest, but I can tell you that Schneider will not take you if you've had a roll-over within the past 10 years. My roll-over in
Canada just went over 10 years this year. But, I'm not looking to go to work with Schneider. Again, good luck to you.

P.S. Looks like it was a nice truck before all the new wrinkles were added. Surprising what they can do with them if the frame isn't bent. Can't tell by looking at the pics.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

:shock: OUCH! Dang, thats too bad- good thing yer ok tho.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
P.S. Looks like it was a nice truck before all the new wrinkles were added. Surprising what they can do with them if the frame isn't bent. Can't tell by looking at the pics.
It was actually a decent truck. It looked like hell, faded red paint, ugly gold stripe, chrome coming off bumper, etc. But it drove great. It has a n14 cummins that never missed a beat, 13 speed tranny, 8 bag suspension that rode ok. Drove smooth and rarely has a break down. It was a good truck for going in a landfill, just had light rear ends as far as weight capability.

The insurance guy came out to look at the truck yesterday. He was just checking it out. No word on anything yet. We are looking for a truck to replace it. If anybody know of a truck let me know. We're looking at about 20,000 to 30,000 dollar range. 46,000 lb rears with preferably heavier than 12,000 front axle, at least 425 hp, at least 13 speed, like to get one with 2 line wet line already on it if not we can add one on, doesn't matter if it has a sleeper or not. We've looked over ebay, truckpaper, truck trader extensively and have an eye on a few trucks but waiting to see what insurance is doing before proceeding further.

I've just been working in the shop. I really don't like working on stuff but there isn't much I can do about it now. Been servicing trailers, replacing slack adjusters, dolly legs, you know all the fun stuff. Especially when the trailers are really old and rusted. My boss said if the insurance says I can't drive for them anymore I could work in the shop and he would turn me into a real mechanic. Without much hesitation I said no thanks, I'll find something :lol:

Here's what the truck once looked like......

Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

An update........Heard from the insurance company today and there is no problem with me continuing to drive for them. So that's good news. Haven't heard what their giving us for the truck so we haven't been able to work on that too much. We got one we're eyeing up in Canada that looks like quite a deal. Hopefully we'll know this week so we can get running again. I need to work on this ticket I got also. I've been avoiding but I think tomorrow I'll give the DA a call and see what they can do for me. I don't know if they can do much short of throwing it out completely, it's already a nominal ticket. I need to get in gear and see if I can do anything with it. Later, T.K.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Good luck man, I hope it works out soon.

Mostly, I'm glad you're still OK, and you didn't take out that fourwheeler.