User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

My experience is that if you don't find a place to go to sleep before the sun goes down, you won't. And, that seems to go for anywhere in the country. Where's G-man? Some time ago, he had read that a survey was done, and there were a million and a half EXCESS parking spaces. I got in touch with my senator and asked if the folks that did that survey might be able to ride along with me and show me just where all those excess spaces are. None of us seem to be able to find them when we need them. (Maybe they got their information from PILOT. :twisted: ) To date, I have not had a passanger that was in on that survey. I'm wondering if they drove by a few truck stops about 9AM, counted the spaces, and multiplied that by the number of truck stops around the country. They NEED to do that about 10PM. Then, they NEED to TELL US just where all those spaces are.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

RoadHog said:

I
Quote:
am running over 3k miles every week, and I'm everywhere...
I THOUGHT so!! I've BEEN everywehere lately.... and I keep seeing you circling the lot EVERYWHERE I go! :lol: How do you manage to BE "everywhere" at the same time?? :shock:

I'd been driving for over a year before I heard the term "solar powered." :lol: :lol: Cracked me up!!!

I drive team, so I'm not usually looking for a place to shut down for the night, but... I gotta stop and switch drivers now and then. It's REALLY hard to find a spot after the sun goes down! Or at least one in a truckstop where I can get coffee! (I know... switch on the fuel island! But, hey.... we gotta EAT sometimes, too!)

Many a time, I've pulled into a T/S late at night, looking for a parking spot. But, my EXCELLENT backing skills notwithstanding, FATIGUE made it hard for me to "hit" certain spots. After trying 2 or 3 times, I got pissed off and went back on the road. Funny thing, just the "exercise" woke me up and I was good for another 200 miles! :lol:

But, yeah, parking spaces are hard to find once the sun goes down! Like someone said, the "off the wall" truckstops are a better bet! But, don't expect to take a shower or get a hot meal there!

Best bet? Pay the $10 for a gold membership with IdleAire! You don't have to use the services, but you can park in all those EMPTY spaces! :lol:

Call it "protection money." As in the Sopranos! :shock:

And they'll actually SHOW UP to help you back out, if you NEED it! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Board Regular

I don't have all the much trouble, no matter what time I park... If its late at night I go to the unknown t/s.. The family owned so to speak.