User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Or you will ask him what's going on and he will cuss you up one side and down the other about minding your own business. Just ignore the problems as best you can, they are just starving for attention.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Its not just truckers; people are like that everywhere nowdays, no matter what they are doing. :?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: What is with the additudes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason607
What is up with all the additudes in this profession? I thought it was bad in my last profession (auto tech) but wow. I am really trying to keep my cool, but it's hard. I usually respond with being overly polite, and somewhat condesending "wow driver, I gave up name calling when I was about 14" but that is about as far as it will go.

What I don't understand is that there is no reason for it. I asked one driver to pull up because he was blocking the fuel isle, I just said "please move up a little bit" he just responded by calling me every name in the book.

Also, something that is going to cause an accident real soon, drivers that drive slower but then speed up when I try to pass, then drive real slow once I fall behind them. I am not talking about weight differences, I hear them increase the throttle when I get beside them.
you need call these drivers company and tell them that their driver is very unprofessional and that is the image you will have of their company.
also at the truckstop, complain to the manager, most of them are afraid if they say something, the driver wont come back, tell them you will be buying all of your fuel elsewhere, so if a driver buying a sandwich is more important to them, so be it.. I didnt use to feel like this, but there are so many uncourteous and unprofessional drivers now, they need to be dealt with accordingly.
Like the Carol Fullmer driver who told me he would not move out the middle lane because it was F U. Friday. You know what I think of that company now? I did call and they didnt really seem to care, but I felt a little better, maybe when someone beats him senseless, his dispatcher will know why
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

yeh, I can tell when I'm close to jersey by the change in attitude, lol.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Welcome to the world of truck driving. Unfortunately those things are something you'll just have to get used to. My biggest pet peeve are drivers at the fuel lanes who take up a space just to go in and buy something to eat or use the rest room and never buy fuel. I've seen drivers eat their lunch while parked at a fuel pump. Try saying something about it and you'll likely get shot or get a tire thumper upside the head. Its getting to the point where I'm seriously considering giving up driving after 13yrs. I only see it getting worse as time goes on.
Okay, guilty! But I try to be responsible about it. Sure, if I'm going to be in there for a while, I'll find a space. However, if I just need to stop for a sec to run in to use the restroom, grab a cup of coffee and hit the road again, I'll pull through the fuel aisle rather than spend 10 minutes parking.. but I mean through, not in! Once or twice I have purchased a couple of hotdogs and a drink to eat in the truck, but it's done from the driver's seat with one eye on the mirror, watching the next driver fueling. As soon as I see him/her hang up the nozzle, I swallow what's in my mouth and pull out.. so that truck can pull up and the next one can get to the pumps. If everybody did it this way, I don't think there'd be many complaints.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 AM

Passed a Swift truck today with a load on. He in turn needed to pass me a few minutes later going up a hill- I was pulling my usual 38 tons. Guess he was pissed about me passing him and making him pass me shortly thereafter... he tried taking off my bumper on the way back into the slow lane in front of me. Guess he really showed me. :roll: Needless to say, I had a bit of an attitude about it. :P
Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakdancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Welcome to the world of truck driving. Unfortunately those things are something you'll just have to get used to. My biggest pet peeve are drivers at the fuel lanes who take up a space just to go in and buy something to eat or use the rest room and never buy fuel. I've seen drivers eat their lunch while parked at a fuel pump. Try saying something about it and you'll likely get shot or get a tire thumper upside the head. Its getting to the point where I'm seriously considering giving up driving after 13yrs. I only see it getting worse as time goes on.
Okay, guilty! But I try to be responsible about it. Sure, if I'm going to be in there for a while, I'll find a space. However, if I just need to stop for a sec to run in to use the restroom, grab a cup of coffee and hit the road again, I'll pull through the fuel aisle rather than spend 10 minutes parking.. but I mean through, not in! Once or twice I have purchased a couple of hotdogs and a drink to eat in the truck, but it's done from the driver's seat with one eye on the mirror, watching the next driver fueling. As soon as I see him/her hang up the nozzle, I swallow what's in my mouth and pull out.. so that truck can pull up and the next one can get to the pumps. If everybody did it this way, I don't think there'd be many complaints.
I also see nothing wrong with pulling THROUGH the pumps to stop for a bathroom break and or to grab a snack or something, It takes less time than a fill up and you not blocking anything really. If you are going to EAT or Shower.. thats just plain asinine and that deserves a tow truck