User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Day 2 report:

Basically the same thing today except one less dump, but lots more sitting around. Just after one night I know the process of checking in, waiting in line to dump, backing up, setting up, dumping, hooking back up and scaling out all dialed in. I have to work on loading and figuring out how much of a certain product weighs and how much to dump into the trailer.

I've come to realize that this company runs overweight 24/7. We don't axel out our weights, we just scale for the gross weight. We weight in at 88k and decided to roll with it for about 20 miles. All easy back roads but I would of NEVER of done that with gordon. I suppose running on the back roads in the gold country is a bit different. No scales and only occasional roll out scales on the main drag I've heard.

We waited for 3 hrs @ one of the mills tonight to unload... We were #7 in line to dump and the dump kept on shutting down so we had to keep on calling up the mechanic.

I've met A LOT of real nice guys, it's going to be a fun job for sure. Lots of bullsh|ting which I really like, not all up tight guys. A+ for me.

I was told I'm getting truck #86 which is a newer Pete day cab. So I'm excited and it has a CD player... Most of the guys run Sattellite radio so I'll fit right in...

Oh, these trucks run stacks. Which may not being special for everyone else, but @ gordon we ran grass burner exhausts which were quiet... I love the loud sound of the turbo and even better the jakes with a stack sitting right behind you... Hopefully I'll have some photos for everyone next week when I get my own truck...

Chris
Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by west_coaster
Chris is haulin' chips!?!? Nice. I hauled chips at night for a while and it was damn fun. I pulled 40-20 A-Train doubles, which are a pain in the butt cause you have to break them down and hook back up like 5 times a night, but oh well. You're gonna like haulin' chips. Just be very careful when loading. It doesn't take much to jam the jaws on the chip bins and box out the trailer! Then it's diggin' time! One night I was waiting behind a newb who was loading and he pulled the wrong bin lever, dumped about 30,000 lbs. of chips on his catwalk and cab. Oops! Good luck man, and careful driving at night!!

West_Coaster

Unloading the bins is what I have to work on most jesse... I wish they closed faster! haha and the fact that you can't see sh|t @ night until it's too late... Oh well. I'll learn!

Chris
Old 04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, the training week is over and it's time to get my own truck... THANK GOD! It sucks having two big guys crammed inside of a pete day cab! There's no room. I start monday running around delivering chips... Can't wait!

Chris
Old 04-22-2007, 03:10 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Congrats on your new job

I'll be driving nights myself soon, thank god for loud music, the CB and engery drinks, lol!

Who are you driving for anyway? Are they here in Sactown??
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored
Congrats on your new job

I'll be driving nights myself soon, thank god for loud music, the CB and engery drinks, lol!

Who are you driving for anyway? Are they here in Sactown??
They are based out of the Sierra Pacific Lumber Mill in Lincoln. I drive for Bettendorf trucking hauling chips to Jackson, Camino and rocklin... It's pretty good and I think I'll stay around for awhile.

I wish I had transfer experience, I saw your ad on craigslist...

BTW, do you know a guy named Brandon who lives in Rescue? He drove a ranger, I think he knew you from a car club... I say's he knew you when you drove for Fedex
Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 PM
floored

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
BTW, do you know a guy named Brandon who lives in Rescue? He drove a ranger, I think he knew you from a car club... I say's he knew you when you drove for Fedex
Yep I know Brandon - how do you know him? He was in our mini truck club back in the day. Are you from Rescue?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yep I know Brandon - how do you know him? He was in our mini truck club back in the day. Are you from Rescue?

Back when it was cool to cruise sunrise, we use to do it every weekend. Up and down from Roseville to 50 and back, all night long. Did you have a mustang? Brandon's now in the navy hating every second of it... sucks for him! I live in Granite bay and rocklin at the moment
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
floored

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Back when it was cool to cruise sunrise, we use to do it every weekend. Up and down from Roseville to 50 and back, all night long. Did you have a mustang? Brandon's now in the navy hating every second of it... sucks for him! I live in Granite bay and rocklin at the moment
Yep, had quite a few Mustangs.. and this truck:

(does that show up for you??)

My husband had the blue Nissan truck with the Vette rear end, we ran a club called Barely Legal.. Now you got me all wondering if maybe we crossed paths before?? If not I'm sure we know a lot of the same people.. Anyway, what did you take out to cruise back then?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Board Member

I remember when we were on sunrise years back you had parked your car @ Mcdonalds (down by 50) and we had left a note on your mustang... You probably don't remember but that's about as much as I know about you... Besides the stories brandon has told me about being initiated into your club...
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM
floored

Quote:
I remember when we were on sunrise years back you had parked your car @ Mcdonalds (down by 50) and we had left a note on your mustang... You probably don't remember but that's about as much as I know about you... Besides the stories brandon has told me about being initiated into your club...
Someone left a note on the car at the Folsom theatre.. never at McD's...

Did you used to ride with Brandon or something?? LOL - did he tell youhow Paseo Joe would always pee on him? Poor kid...