User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was driving in it all night last night. It rained buckets till about 9PM. Sulphur Oklahoma had rivers for streets for awhile and various parts of HWY 70 was underwater for a while. Most of the creeks were streams, most of the streams were rivers and most farmers ponds are no lakes!

Lightning killed off the power at the sand plant so last night was primarily a waste of time.. :x
Old 04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Senior Board Member

I love to see Tornado's, Though I do not like the distruction they leave on People. I have seen a few in my life time and experienced a few also.
This season is going to be full of them.

{On a side note-- I got my car up and running yesterday, it is still running bad but it is running. Now my CVC joint on the drivers side went out, gotta fix that, going to be about 100 buck after all is said and done}

So all together, this flash flood has cost me about 500.00 on my car alone! :sad:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Board Icon

Slim, if the car is worth more than $,1500 then it was worth it. At least you ain't buying a new car.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
I love to see Tornado's, Though I do not like the distruction they leave on People. I have seen a few in my life time and experienced a few also.
This season is going to be full of them.
I was driving in Ohio a few years back. It would rain so hard at times, you just couldn't see much...and the cross winds were like gusts to 60-70. I saw the tandems on the Trailer in front of me lift on the left side. I was loaded heavy and holding the road. BUT....then off to the side over my left shoulder...I noticed a funnel cloud paralleling the road. :shock: Awwah Crap...I thought. But it ripped up some mud and hung a louie. Kinda like a car spinning out. Pelted the side of my rig.
Closest I've been to one.

When we were kids...we'd go watch the big storms down on Lake Michigan. We'd get the huge 24 foot waves crashing the shores...and there were times you'd watch Tornado's forming...and hitting the land. You could watch them dropping and going back up. Some dropped over the water...and became waterspouts. I remember we counted over 16 one day. Some actually made it to the shore and when they do that...they come apart.

We don't get the magnitude of Twister's y'all get...that's for sure. But our's do like to come in groups.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I remember being in the 1979 tornado here.

Looks like we got another chance Wednesday. Might be a long, stormy spring. :?

http://watsonsysco.com/