User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Chantirx and positive results

Hey heres a question.

A friend of mine that I work with was taking Chantirx. The stop smoking medication. Well we both work for Sysco. He took a random drug test and he came up positive for drugs. So they reran the screen and it came up negative the second time.

He is a warehouse worker and I am a driver. My question is does anyone know off the top of their head if this an allowed medication for drivers?

I have another friend that was taking it and he couldn't sleep!! Same with my co worker.

Funny thing was with my co worker. They fired him until they found out what the deal was. Sysco is teamsters up here so he was allowed to come back to work after they found out it wasn't pot or non prescription drugs.

I was thinking about filling a prescription my doctor gave me but after the scare he got I backed off.

If anyone knows any info please let me know. I do want to eventually quit smoking. Not sure if this is the way though.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Chantirx and positive results

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibamars
Hey here's a question.

A friend of mine that I work with was taking Chantirx. The stop smoking medication. Well we both work for Sysco. He took a random drug test and he came up positive for drugs. So they reran the screen and it came up negative the second time.

He is a warehouse worker and I am a driver. My question is does anyone know off the top of their head if this an allowed medication for drivers?

I have another friend that was taking it and he couldn't sleep!! Same with my co worker.

Funny thing was with my co worker. They fired him until they found out what the deal was. Sysco is teamsters up here so he was allowed to come back to work after they found out it wasn't pot or non prescription drugs.

I was thinking about filling a prescription my doctor gave me but after the scare he got I backed off.

If anyone knows any info please let me know. I do want to eventually quit smoking. Not sure if this is the way though.

Thanks
Do you really need a drug to quit smoking ? :roll:
Old 03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Chantirx and positive results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibamars
Hey here's a question.

Thanks
Do you really need a drug to quit smoking ? :roll:
Some people do, yes. Nicotine is more addictive than cocaine. Not only that but the habit itself is mentally addictive.