User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is There a Mexican Customs Inland Port in Kansas City Now?

I have a question. Fozzy on another thread seems to insist that there is a Port that very little changes will occur. Is the port in Kansas a United States Customs Port or a Mexican Customs Port at this time?

http://www.nascocorridor.com/naipn/p..._projects.html

Mexican Customs in KC

Kansas City SmartPort’s involvement with trade missions to and from Mexico has brought about historic progress.

The biggest success from KC SmartPort’s endeavors with Mexico is the project between the U.S. and Mexican governments to place a Mexican customs office in Kansas City. This will be the first such office located anywhere in the United States. The pilot project will allow freight moving southbound to Mexico to clear in Kansas City, seal the shipment on the truck, and enable border crossings to become seamless.

Fozzy has said that I need tinfoil and I would appreciate very much if you would go into this site and look at the maps and the area and tell me if this port is already there. According to the official website it will be the first such office.

Please only comment after reading the site.

Thank You!

GFIW
Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

no and this thread is getting moved
Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Okay!

GFIW
Old 03-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Default re

I think this is about 4-5 years out. Talk is this would go in at richard gabbour off of 71 and 150 out in grandview. Also have heard that Csx railroad bought the track rights all the way from kc to the mexican port which is also going to link at richard gabbour. alot of rumor's at this point. my 2cents
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
I think this is about 4-5 years out. Talk is this would go in at richard gabbour off of 71 and 150 out in grandview. Also have heard that Csx railroad bought the track rights all the way from kc to the mexican port which is also going to link at richard gabbour. alot of rumor's at this point. my 2cents
Have you been into the website? My in laws live in Independence. I wish it was just rumors but unfortunately it is not. Check the site out it will tell you were they are working I think.

GFIW
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!
No what you really want is everyone to support NAFTA and this Hemispheric Integration! You mock so people will not look into things. But people are smarter than you give them credit for. And they can make up their own minds whether they like your idea of progress.

And informed people can make up their minds whether they think this is good for the United States of America, and the trucking industry. And once again yes it is about us and our Country!

Uniformed people that can not hold an intelligent discussion or the shrills will cry about tinfoil in an attempt to deter people.

You know people can go on the government websites that I have provided or even do their own research and make up their own minds. If they like it like you fine but be honest.

According to you!

1. Hemispheric Integration is good.
2. A Mexico Inland Port is good.
3. Allowing Truckers into America is good.
4. Giving Tax payers money to Mexico is good.
5. NAFTA is good.

I disagree with you! And I will keep saying it is bad for the United States of America no matter how much you mock me! So stop spinning.

GFIW
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!
No what you really want is everyone to support NAFTA and this Hemispheric Integration! You mock so people will not look into things. But people are smarter than you give them credit for. And they can make up their own minds whether they like your idea of progress.

And informed people can make up their minds whether they think this is good for the United States of America, and the trucking industry. And once again yes it is about us and our Country!

Uniformed people that can not hold an intelligent discussion or the shrills will cry about tinfoil in an attempt to deter people.

You know people can go on the government websites that I have provided or even do their own research and make up their own minds. If they like it like you fine but be honest.

According to you!

5. NAFTA is good.

I disagree with you! And I will keep saying it is bad for the United States of America no matter how much you mock me! So stop spinning.

GFIW
If you look at the map (1447 Liberty, KC,MO.) It is just north of the American Royal in what is called the west bottoms.

There is an article in Landline ( http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/...mart_port.html ) that discusses the KC area and smart ports.

At the present time KC Smart-port will be an Southbound only. It wil Not handle freight coming into the USA. I have no doubt in time this will change.

As far as the Grandview KCS rail lines (an intermodal) it is a move from the old outdated yards (a real pain in the rear) located in the bottoms below the old Wards warehouse.

Plus, BNSF railroad is planning on building intermodal center in Gardner, KS.

As to your concerns.

Like it or not the USA has changed from a regional market to a global market. And with that we have to change. People won't pay to have a USA made only product. All you have to do is look at the present auto industry. USA plants are closing or cutting back labor while the foreign companies are increasing production. Consumers want two things price and quality.

What I find kinda funny is no one complains about freight leaving the USA going to other countries. Why should we not expect the reverse?

kc0iv
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!

According to you!

5. NAFTA is good.

GFIW
If you look at the map (1447 Liberty, KC,MO.) It is just north of the American Royal in what is called the west bottoms.

There is an article in Landline ( http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/...mart_port.html ) that discusses the KC area and smart ports.

At the present time KC Smart-port will be an Southbound only. It wil Not handle freight coming into the USA. I have no doubt in time this will change.
That's what doesn't seem to be clear to Going for It. She was ranting in another thread about "foreign citizens checking our freight coming into the US".

Quote:

As far as the Grandview KCS rail lines (an intermodal) it is a move from the old outdated yards (a real pain in the rear) located in the bottoms below the old Wards warehouse.

Plus, BNSF railroad is planning on building intermodal center in Gardner, KS.
UP is going to build new railyard near Sunland Park, NM. Our governor (Bill Richardson) pushed hard for it but is downplaying the stipulation from Union Pacific that the state should foot the $5 million dollar bill to build access roads from the Pete Domenici Highway that connects I-10 with the Santa Teresa Port of Entry and removing the gross reciepts tax on diesel fuel purchased in NM. So southern NM gained 285 jobs at a lost of millions in tax revenue and road construction costs. But that's an issue for another thread, lol.

Quote:
As to your concerns.

Like it or not the USA has changed from a regional market to a global market. And with that we have to change. People won't pay to have a USA made only product. All you have to do is look at the present auto industry. USA plants are closing or cutting back labor while the foreign companies are increasing production. Consumers want two things price and quality.

What I find kinda funny is no one complains about freight leaving the USA going to other countries. Why should we not expect the reverse?

kc0iv
Some people are stuck living in the 1950's on this issue.

Lets not forget the thousands of container trailers that never actually STOP here and are just passing through from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Even if there were, what would be the problem. We have American customs inland ports in Canada.

I could care less what the United States OFFICIAL stance on global warming is.