User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
How do ya figure? Maybe if they weren't the target of every bottom feeding democrat, they may stick around.. If I where them, I'd move too!
Fozzy. You really don't like the United States do you? Only you can find honor in a company that steals to the tune of $2.7 billion from the taxpayers.

You really disgrace the emblem at the bottom of your page. The taxes that Halliburton might have to pay by keeping the hq in the US just might go to help pay for some things that the army might need.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yeah you must be because you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Halliburton is Keeping Corporate Offfice in HOUSTON-Headquarters in UAE for logistical reasons only.

Drove just as long or longer than you so stop the BS

Of course...i am un-edikated. i dwive a twuck foe uh wiving

Not my fault you're Uneducated
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
How do ya figure? Maybe if they weren't the target of every bottom feeding democrat, they may stick around.. If I where them, I'd move too!
Fozzy. You really don't like the United States do you? Only you can find honor in a company that steals to the tune of $2.7 billion from the taxpayers.

You really disgrace the emblem at the bottom of your page. The taxes that Halliburton might have to pay by keeping the hq in the US just might go to help pay for some things that the army might need.
"Steals"? LOL!!!! Sounds like you're another selective crybaby who is selectively upset on what the feds spend money on. For the liberals and of course the ever present Bush hating camp following trollops to be so selective on government waste makes me laugh! I'd rather whizz away billions to working Americans and American corporations than to continue to poor the trillions we have spent on the millions of social re-engineering projected designed to spend the poor into prosperity. And when it comes to my son and his friends who also are my sons in a way, I'd also pick Haliburton to be there than the alternative which is a French company...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:38 PM

You should pray that the trillions of dollars going through the UAE isn't going to be used to fund shrapnel used against our troops. The UAE is the clean-faced mafia banker for the Middle East. He neither asks or cares who his clients are.

Halliburton is caught redhanded overcharging the govt $2.7 billion and that is being a selective crybaby? Halliburton hires as many non-Americans as they can to work on these contracts and they don't pay them well. They aren't spreading the $$ around to Americans nearly as much as you would like to think.

As far as social programs go, I don't like them either and I occasionally call my congressman to vent my spleen. Labeling anyone that you disagree with as a liberal democrat or bush-hater just shows your mental limitations. I am neither. Cheerleading the avoidance of investing in America and its citizens shows contempt for our nation and its people. Why do you hate our country Fozzy?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:05 PM

More for Fozzy.

You say that you don't like all of the $$ going into social re-engineering. What do you think that amnesy, unlimited foreign work visas, open borders, North American Union, and the Security and Prosperity Partnership are?

Please let us know.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:56 PM

From ABC News, but I can not vouch for its content. There are a couple of highlighted quotes that are of relevance to this thread.

By JAKE TAPPER

March 12, 2007 — Halliburton Co., currently the largest military contractor in Iraq with billions of dollars in Pentagon contracts, announced Sunday that it was planning to move its CEO and corporate headquarters from Houston to Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

The move could eventually save the firm a fortune in U.S. taxes, but it is raising serious questions about its priorities and prompting at least one possible congressional hearing.

Dave Lesar, Halliburton's chairman, president and chief executive officer, made the announcement at an energy conference in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Lesar said the goal of the move was to focus on Eastern Hemisphere "oil exploration and production opportunities, and growing our business here will bring more balance to Halliburton's overall portfolio."

Run by Vice President Dick Cheney from 1995 to 2000, Halliburton has a five-year, $16 billion contract with the U.S. Army and total revenues of $22.6 billion in 2006.

Energy analyst Roger Read says if the company formally incorporates itself in the U.A.E., the banking mecca of the Middle East, company profits will soar.

"You'd probably be looking at a tax savings of several hundred million [dollars]. … It's a win for the shareholders," Read said.

Move Makes Democrats Suspicious

Outrage over that possibility had Halliburton scrambling Sunday to explain it had no plans to incorporate abroad. Still, Democrats are suspicious.

"For one of the largest contractors with the United States government to move its headquarters overseas? [It] just doesn't look good, doesn't sound good, doesn't smell good," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

The move may raise serious national security questions too, as happened last year with the canceled port security contract with another U.A.E.-based company, Dubai Ports World. Congressional outrage scuttled that deal; Halliburton will now have some explaining to do to avoid similar scrutiny.

"Obviously a company that has its headquarters overseas should be given a little more scrutiny than an American company," Schumer said. "No question about it."

Halliburton is already being investigated by different government agencies for various allegations of improper business dealings, and it is in the cross hairs of Democrats in Congress for alleged overbilling.

At a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing last month, chairman Henry Waxman, D-Calif., noted that a government audit had indicated that Halliburton was responsible for "$2.7 billion in suspect billings."
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Default Where will it end

I have chatted with older men that get social security here and go live in Philippines where their money will go much farther than it ever could here. Not only do corporations do this some individual’s do so too. :shock:
I want to help by sharing what I have learned so you might journey in comfort and security safely. I need help with taxes What can you deduct? All help will greatly appreciated I don't give smart ass replies to those that are acting kindly as so many do. Taxes is an incredible wealth wound learn how to get all that is yours.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
The move may raise serious national security questions too, as happened last year with the canceled port security contract with another U.A.E.-based company, Dubai Ports World. Congressional outrage scuttled that deal; Halliburton will now have some explaining to do to avoid similar scrutiny.
That's gotta be an issue to consider, too. Granted, Haliburton is probably currently in the best position to support troops, but one has to wonder if that will continue. A move to Dubai would certainly save them millions in taxes, but if they eventually lose contracts because of that move, they will have effectively slit their throats.

In the short run, it'll create a U.S.-based vacancy for support organizations. Look for heavy investing to begin in current 2nd fiddles to take over that spot.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You should pray that the trillions of dollars going through the UAE isn't going to be used to fund shrapnel used against our troops.
Why should the UAE be any different? There are enough American's doing the same thing through their action that are doing the same thing. The UAE is nothing even close to a lot of the "peace" groups based here are doing.

Quote:
The UAE is the clean-faced mafia banker for the Middle East. He neither asks or cares who his clients are.
So is the DNC.. SO?

Quote:
Halliburton is caught redhanded overcharging the govt $2.7 billion and that is being a selective crybaby?
It may come as a shock to you, but this isn't the first time that this has happened with civilian contractors and if you'd use you head for more than a hat rack, you would understand that Haliburton has given money back to the government several times. Wonder when the welfare and entitlement class will refund the tax payers for some of their goodies?

Quote:
Halliburton hires as many non-Americans as they can to work on these contracts and they don't pay them well. They aren't spreading the $$ around to Americans nearly as much as you would like to think.
Well Scooter, when they are operating all over the globe, they should actually employ the locals as much as possible ya` think? The port deal was just like this, should they just have imported their workforce as you are suggesting Haliburton do? How about All of these foreign car and machine factories here? Should they fire and toss all of the Americans out and import their labor to make you happy?

Quote:
As far as social programs go, I don't like them either and I occasionally call my congressman to vent my spleen. Labeling anyone that you disagree with as a liberal democrat or bush-hater just shows your mental limitations. I am neither.
If you walk like a duck..... I did forget to put conspiracy theorists and black helicopter enthusiasts to my list.

Quote:
Cheerleading the avoidance of investing in America and its citizens shows contempt for our nation and its people. Why do you hate our country Fozzy?
How much is enough? Haliburton employs thousands of Americans and pay them quite well in this and other countries and pays millions in taxes. The bunny huggers and global warming kooks have made investing on the oil infrastucture practically impossible. When Hillary suggested that she'd simply TAKE the oil companies profits to spend them on what she wanted, I'll bet they had to get the smelling salts after you.

(EDITED) I don't hate my own country.. (EDITED)
Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Knock off the insults, guys. You're both getting out of line. :?

Yeah, the farm animal crack was out of line, but the anger was warranted. If I was accused of hating my country because I didn't go along with your ideas, I'd be ticked off, too.