User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Get Ready Here They Come.

Read today(2/23/07) where the Transportation Secretary Mary Peters approved allowing 100 Mexican Trucking companies access to haul freight past the border areas.

Lets see what kind of impact this is going to have on the US Trucking Business. We might all be driving for peso's pretty soon.

How will this impact carriers like CFI, Celadon, Melton and the many other carriers that have strong freight lanes into South Texas and other border areas?????
Old 02-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Plus, they OK'd American drivers to cross into Mexico. Yeah, like I'd drive over there. It's bad enough I'd have to worry about the rampant crime, let alone the crooked cops over there. You couldn't pay me enough to cross that border under load.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Board Regular

then they then they rent a lil ofice and po box in the us and they can haul everything every where.swift and celadon will give them a good run with their mexicans. i guarantee you canada dont let them take over their freight.
we can all go to hairdresser school and give the ladies a shampoo perhaps
Old 02-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I wonder how many abandonded trucks from Mexico will be found here. Once that driver gets over here legally, who's to say he ditches it to stay in America.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Board Regular

They better add more drug sniffing dogs at the border.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
I wonder how many abandonded trucks from Mexico will be found here. Once that driver gets over here legally, who's to say he ditches it to stay in America.
I wonder if the good ole boys at the great DOT has even thought about this one.....ROFLMAO.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Can you tell me were the link is I would like to read it. They are melding Canada and Mexico and many other countries together with ours. I have read the Summit of The Americas and the official mandates. It is scary.

Of course the companies will not have to follow all the rules and regulations we do I bet. :roll: The only comfort is that these fools that are allowing this will be sharing the same road as everyone else.

Ron Paul would stop this garbage. He is against what is going on and he informs people of it.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Can you tell me were the link is I would like to read it. They are melding Canada and Mexico and many other countries together with ours. I have read the Summit of The Americas and the official mandates. It is scary.

Of course the companies will not have to follow all the rules and regulations we do I bet. :roll: The only comfort is that these fools that are allowing this will be sharing the same road as everyone else.

Ron Paul would stop this garbage. He is against what is going on and he informs people of it.

Goin Fer It's Wife
If you go to the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association WEB site ( www.ooida.com ) they will keep you well informed of the status. You can also go to the House Transportation And Infrastructure Committee ( http://transportation.house.gov/ ) for our governments propaganda regarding this.

As for the original question about how it will affect those that have strong freight lanes, it will help them greatly. Schneider has a major terminal on both sides of border and has been pushing for this heavily. With the building of the TransTexas Corridor ( http://www.keeptexasmoving.org/ and http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm ) the affect will be tremendous on American truck drivers.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Rookie

We are loseing are country drivers. I belive in our life time we will see this country fall. There is nothing you, me or anyone one can do to stop it. We have got bad people in washington who care nothing about the working man, or care for this great country. Ready your homes and your familys for the hard time s to come........stock pile!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Rookie

Lets keep in mind there is nothing n Mexico that is not faked, forged, or obtained thru bribes (mordida’s) It’s part of their culture to forge or fake every piece of documentation possible. They think of it as being smarter than the next guy not as something wrong or deceitful. Mexican “Authorities” (who are drug smugglers and criminals) are probably looking forward to all the new bribes they will be getting! Remember Mexico is a third world country and by definition a nation of illiterate peasants. That’s what it means to be “Third World”.

Wait until you go to pick up a trailer at a drop yard in say Iowa and the glad hand seals are missing and the trailer taillights are gone! Also, remember many narcotics ARE LEGAL in Mexico, i.e.. Cocaine amphetamines, etc. No drug testing, no medicals checks, no background checks, no driving history checks, nothing! These guys are all going to be hopped up on something! And remember these Mexicans are driving for .09 to .15 cent per mile taking OUR 1500 mile loads!

This is what Mary Peters (Transportation Secretary) said from OOida’s website:

The inspection teams also will check whether drivers have a valid commercial driver’s license, have a current medical certificate and can comply with U.S. hours-of-service rules.

Hah! What a crock!

Here’s OOida’s response:

“They can’t confirm whether they are safe or not. The documentation doesn’t exist on driver experience, drug testing or anything else,” OOIDA President Jim Johnston said.

Spencer said not only are U.S. regulations on Americans more stringent in terms of verifying that a driver has been tested, but U.S. licenses can also be verified to show driving history, violations and compliance of any vehicle driven going back even a decade or longer. When enforcement officials run a Mexican CDL, the only information he can access will be that of previous operation in the U.S., not Mexico where a driver might have a rap sheet as along as your arm.

Mexico has never had specific drug testing regulations or hours-of-service rules for its drivers that could be verified or enforced and still doesn’t.
“There is simply no way anyone can know whether a truck driver coming from Mexico entering the U.S. has been awake two hours or two weeks when they clear the border,” he said. “And if the safety and security shortcomings still remaining at the border aren’t enough to set off alarm bells – once a truck from Mexico clears the border, enforcement of rules covering international shipments and authority are non-existent.”

This is a traitorous act by our president. I see rebellion, uprisings, and chaos in America’s future![/url]
Closed Thread