LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete
I didn't know much about this but I do have one thing to add . Have you noticed that most of the info you do have you had to dig for in Special publications,(OOIDA) John Q. Public knows little or nothing about this
How right you are! I even had to copy some sentences from other posters! <grin>
The truth is most of America will not be much interested in this issue until it comes home to effect them personally. Sadly by then it will be too late.
OK,

That is the sad reality here in our country. The American people are apathetic and, as you said, until it affects them they will do nothing. What is needed is extensive media coverage with respected individuals presenting to the American people the potential long term affects.

For example, once the truckers are allowed in there is no reason not to believe that in addition to distribution centers moving South of the border that our seaports will also take a huge hit. The Mexican government has already been planning to build additional seaport capacity just for the overflow from us. Why not use it to support THEIR new mega transportation industry about to happen.

When we lose large segments of industries then all of the supporting business' start to crumble. Massive reductions in seaport usage mean more people out of work. More people out of work mean less disposable income for shopping, eating out, entertainment, etc., etc., etc. Less spending mean additional people out of work who would otherwise service the seaport workers. It's a vicious cycle that never ends.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Board Regular

This is BS.
To cross into Canada we need to meet certain requirements. Are the Mexicans gonna do the same? How good are the courts in Mexico? Eben better, how good are the police in Mexico?

I can see this being good for businesses, government, and Mexicans.

The problem is... how good is it for the American public?
The economy, highway safety, and jail system will take a hit.

How big will the impact be? What companies send/receive shipments across the border?

Here are some I know of:
Kodak gets film from Mexico
Les Schwab gets retreads from Mexico
Nestle foods gets produce.

Meat processors send hides to Mexico
Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Board Icon

What worries me is the safety on the highways. Ever drive thru a city and see these guys?? Scores of them drive dump trucks that are flat rags, wrecks waiting to happen. Try going down the road with them, ain't much better as they are usually all over the road. Yeah some American drivers aren't much better but wait till more and more of these guys are OTR in our country.

Do you really think the police will do anything with these guys if they do something wrong and happen to be illegal?? Heck no, our police are told to go the other way, it's too much paperwork and time consuming for the department to push thru. That is exactly what happens in VA. They have been told to not follow up on the issue unless otherwise informed.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
You're most welcome for the links. Your post above rings with truth. Our government will require them to follow our laws. But the question is how are they going to enforce them? When a non US driver breaks the law are they going to write them a ticket? Are they ready to collect on it? If they cause an accident, and they will happen, how do the victims obtain restitution? I saw nothing in the plan that was requiring non US companies to carry insurance from a carrier that a US citizen would have legal recourse against. Will the victims now have to literally file in courts outside the US? If a non US driver is caught violating our laws are we going to jail them and add to the already massive costs of feeding, housing and supporting them? If a foreign transport company can not measure up to our standards after getting approval to roll in here are we going to ban them? What is going to stop that company from selling out to another non US company and just running the trucks under that companies authority?

One of the most important questions is how will our government deal with the loss of jobs for US workers? NAFTA caused, and is still causing, major problems in that area. At one time the US was a major industrial and manufacturing super power. Now we have no manufacturing to speak of and our industrial machine has rusted away!

Our government had the ability to prevent the problems we face today, but instead they chose to line the pockets of those who could PAY to support their political campaigns. We have 16 million people in the US living below the poverty line (less than $10,000 annual income). Medicare is raped at every opportunity to balance our budget and provide more money for other useless projects. So far there has been $750 Billion appropriated to fight a war(s) we really had no business in. That money is just what is publicly reported! How much more has been spent we know nothing about.

I do apologize for the ranting but we do have serious issues in our country and our government is quickly turning us into another Third World nation. No doubt we all know many people currently struggling just to survive here while the US is being piece mealed out to other countries through our governments actions. When does it end and when will our government take its responsibilities seriously?
It really goes much further than just money. There has been the African Union, Asian Union, European Union and that is exactly what the Summit of the Americas is there for the American Union. It is about power and control. They have to break down America first before the union can become complete.

It is very serious what is happening to our country and when it is complete they will eliminate the useful idiots that put this in action. They cannot have too many bosses. When this is complete those politicians that think they are going to continue to receive their hefty retirement and great benefits have another thing coming.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Goin Fer It's Wife wrote:

Quote:
It really goes much further than just money. There has been the African Union, Asian Union, European Union and that is exactly what the Summit of the Americas is there for the American Union. It is about power and control. They have to break down America first before the union can become complete.

It is very serious what is happening to our country and when it is complete they will eliminate the useful idiots that put this in action. They cannot have too many bosses. When this is complete those politicians that think they are going to continue to receive their hefty retirement and great benefits have another thing coming.

Goin Fer It's Wife
That is a very astute analysis of what might be occurring. I can see that happening as you have described! If this is the plan behind the scenes then I can also easily see a great deal of turmoil in this country.

Spencerian wrote:

Quote:
How big will the impact be? What companies send/receive shipments across the border?
The US has a significant foreign trade deficit. Our government has made us dependent on foreign goods covering virtually every retail segment. In addition many raw materials we use for our limited manufacturing capabilities now are imported. As a result the impact will be tremendous if those materials are diverted from the ports on our US soil to ports outside our countries boundaries. From there the newly created, cheaply operated, non US mega carriers will then truck it direct from that foreign port into our country where it needs to go. In addition the abundance of cheap labor outside our border(s), and cheap transportation, can further destroy any manufacturing we currently do.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Rookie
Default North American Union

Watch out fellas, I commented on this kind of stuff in the "Salsa" thread and take a look at what the responses were. :roll: Conspiracy nut! :shock:
All I know is what I see and what I see I don't like!
I live near a small town that has a truck junkyard. Once a year they get 2 or 3 trucks running and then some "drivers" come all the way from Nicaragua to take them back. Each truck has 2 tractors piggybaked on them. I can see these same vehicles being driven on our highways in the near future. :x So much for safety on the road. :roll:
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM

In response to the comment that the Mexican drivers will only be allowed to deliver shipments from Mexico or pick up shipments going to Mexico, I call your attention to the Canadian drivers.

They are under the same restrictions. But, are their companies going to have them deliver to one spot and then deadhead possibly hundreds of miles to pick up their next load going to Canada? No, they are pick up loads in the US and then deliver them in the US on their way to pick up that load going to Canada.

Mexican drivers will be doing the same. And if Schneider (or other company) owns a large chunk of a Mexican carrier and stands to make a large profit by having that Mexican driver pick up a load for $.17 per mile, do you think that they will pay American drivers (who are making more per mile) to pick up that load? No, once that truck gets into the US, it will be here for a while. And every load it carries means a bigger profit for American companies and smaller paychecks (and more downtime) for American drivers. American companies will be turning into more of a broker than a trucking company.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALKELE
Mexican drivers will be doing the same. And if Schneider (or other company) owns a large chunk of a Mexican carrier and stands to make a large profit by having that Mexican driver pick up a load for $.17 per mile, do you think that they will pay American drivers (who are making more per mile) to pick up that load? No, once that truck gets into the US, it will be here for a while. And every load it carries means a bigger profit for American companies and smaller paychecks (and more downtime) for American drivers. American companies will be turning into more of a broker than a trucking company.
Exactly! This is why we must put an end to this NAFTA plan as it relates to Mexico. Here is a post I put on another thread about this same issue:

My company, Celadon, is one of the worst offenders of this "Corporate Grreed" plan to replace many of their drivers with Mexicans and is chomping at the bit spending 10's of millions ln lobbyists funds to grant amnesty to the 20 million Mexicans already here illegally. They even have a fund to help train the illegals for their American CDL's once they get amnesty.

And yes, I'm leaving soon.

Read all about in the Tombstone Tumbleweed, Page 8. You will be "shocked" "Shocked" to read what Celadon and others carriers really plan to do!

http://tombstonetumbleweed.com/PDF_A...bleSep0105.pdf
Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Senior Board Member

newolddrv
Hey about a two or three years ago people on libertypost.org said the same thing if you mentioned any of this. I began posting the actual documents from the summits and quotes with the web-site address. A few other people began doing the same. Now people get what is happening and most over there understand were this is going.
Don't worry peoples inability to comprehend the reality of the situation does not make you wacko!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK

Exactly! This is why we must put an end to this NAFTA plan as it relates to Mexico. Here is a post I put on another thread about this same issue:

My company, Celadon, is one of the worst offenders of this "Corporate Grreed" plan to replace many of their drivers with Mexicans and is chomping at the bit spending 10's of millions ln lobbyists funds to grant amnesty to the 20 million Mexicans already here illegally. They even have a fund to help train the illegals for their American CDL's once they get amnesty.

And yes, I'm leaving soon.

Read all about in the Tombstone Tumbleweed, Page 8. You will be "shocked" "Shocked" to read what Celadon and others carriers really plan to do!

Not really shocked just surprised it is coming down so fast. NAFTA is only a small portion of the Summit of The Americas mandates. Much more is coming. Just prepare the best you can.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Closed Thread