User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Nap Accidents

I was heading down 44 in Missouri on my way to Kraft in Springfield. I was about 80 miles away and coming up to the Road Ranger at the 163 exit. I was starting to get a little drowsy and decided to take a quick nap when I stop to get my smokes.

I pull in and park across from the entrance to the cat scale. I set my brakes, dim the lights and kick back for my nap (I take my naps in the seat. If I don't my 30 min nap turns into a 4 hr nap). After about 20 min, at which point I am nappen' pretty hard I get this feeling in my body so my eyes open. I screamed holy $h!t, grabbed the wheel and nailed on the brakes. I just had a close encounter with the cat scale parked 50 feet away.

Realized what was going on I fell back to sleep to finish my nap. Well, 10 minutes later I get that same feeling, open my eyes and scream holy $h!t, grabbed the wheel and nailed the brakes once again. That's two nap accidents with the cat scale in one nap period. I am really glad I decided to take one. And I wasn't even very tired.

I also had one when I was in the sleeper but I don't remember what happened. I wish I could because that one would be hilarious.

Anyone else want to share their nap accidents? I look back on them and find them very amusing.

I am a "moon bat" and proud of it.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Nap Accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilici
I was heading down 44 in Missouri on my way to Kraft in Springfield. I was about 80 miles away and coming up to the Road Ranger at the 163 exit. I was starting to get a little drowsy and decided to take a quick nap when I stop to get my smokes.

I pull in and park across from the entrance to the cat scale. I set my brakes, dim the lights and kick back for my nap (I take my naps in the seat. If I don't my 30 min nap turns into a 4 hr nap). After about 20 min, at which point I am nappen' pretty hard I get this feeling in my body so my eyes open. I screamed holy $h!t, grabbed the wheel and nailed on the brakes. I just had a close encounter with the cat scale parked 50 feet away.

Realized what was going on I fell back to sleep to finish my nap. Well, 10 minutes later I get that same feeling, open my eyes and scream holy $h!t, grabbed the wheel and nailed the brakes once again. That's two nap accidents with the cat scale in one nap period. I am really glad I decided to take one. And I wasn't even very tired.

I also had one when I was in the sleeper but I don't remember what happened. I wish I could because that one would be hilarious.

Anyone else want to share their nap accidents? I look back on them and find them very amusing.
RORFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: after reading that I laughed so hard.....too damn funny!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Board Regular

ROTFLMAO.............Layed may head down over the steering wheel at the boise stage stop one night was parked right behind a truck. After about 15 woke up seen the truck in front of me and hit the brakes. Just about broke my leg on that one. So now just lay down in the back and set an alarm for 15 min. Sure scared the hell out of when that happens.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

The only time I have ever had anything like that happen to me is when I am very tired, even if I do not feel it when I lay down. If I pushed too hard then sure as hell I would have a nightmare like that or would not be able to sleep because I had a nagging feeling I did something wrong, like not park in a safe place or forgot to set the brakes.

It was so bad one time I ended up getting up every 15-20 minutes for hours rechecking that I had indeed set the parking brakes.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I used to get wierd dreams back in the day like that when everybody was running around 800 miles a day and I'd stay out for 4 weeks at a time.
It was a sure sign it was time for me to head home and get some rest.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Board Icon

I've heard of guys being really tired, pull into the T/S and park. While doing their paperwork a truck beside them will be pulling out. It has caused a number of drivers to stand on the brakes thinking they are rolling backwards.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
I've heard of guys being really tired, pull into the T/S and park. While doing their paperwork a truck beside them will be pulling out. It has caused a number of drivers to stand on the brakes thinking they are rolling backwards.
That would be me more times than I would care to admit :P
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Senior Board Member

OMG LMAO!!!! i thought i was the only one who done that :lol: ive never had one like that but ive had a few where i lay down on the bed and start dreaming something and im gonna be hit or I fall and i "jump" as a reaction in my bed and kick the cabinet......................

no joke ive pee'd the bed before also doing that...... for some reason i was dreaming and was peeing in my dream and woke up and felt a warm sensation...couldnt have been that much....maybe a cup full....... LOL
Old 02-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: , PEEING THE BED :?: :?:
Old 02-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdriver1959
ROTFLMAO.............Layed may head down over the steering wheel at the boise stage stop one night was parked right behind a truck. After about 15 woke up seen the truck in front of me and hit the brakes. Just about broke my leg on that one. So now just lay down in the back and set an alarm for 15 min. Sure scared the hell out of when that happens.
Now that's just too damn funny. I could see it in my mind. Made me laugh out loud!