:moose:
Old 01-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
maps.google.com is awesome. For most locations you can even get a hi res satellite image of the location to confirm it's what your looking for. Then, go back to the map view and guide the truck right in.
MS Streets & Trips has that same exact feature with the click of a single button from inside the program. Only it loads a little faster than the google one does. Just zoom in on the location from inside Streets & Trips and click on the satellite button and wham it starts downloading a satellite image. Some are even bird’s eye views that you can zoom down to a level of just 30 feet. Awesome!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Hi,Everyone. How do you mount laptop support in the cab? Where do you buy it? Expensive?
Go to mobilelaptopmount.com for a real inexpensive one.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM

BE AWARE, the Google satelite shot is not necessarily a current photo. They can be up to about 2 years old.

I checked it out by trying to see a house I had built about 9 months ago. I found the lot, but it didn't show the house. In fact, it didn't even show my neighbors house that had been there for about 2 years (just their garage).
Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie McRookerson
BE AWARE, the Google satelite shot is not necessarily a current photo. They can be up to about 2 years old.

I checked it out by trying to see a house I had built about 9 months ago. I found the lot, but it didn't show the house. In fact, it didn't even show my neighbors house that had been there for about 2 years (just their garage).
Thanks my friend, I just order RAM Mount, 298USD. I could save some money,while ... :?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Rookie

I am using Copilot truck 9.0; It helps my driving but not perfect.

I wonder if I should buy Garmin GPS 18 ($130), or MS Street & Trips 2007,($130). or something other than that.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Default laptop stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinz
I am using Copilot truck 9.0; It helps my driving but not perfect.

I wonder if I should buy Garmin GPS 18 ($130), or MS Street & Trips 2007,($130). or something other than that.
i dont know about the garmin but i do have ms street and trips i dont like the why you have to route your trips and i dont like the way it looks but the big thing i dont like about it is the the usb-gps will ONLY work with it.

i use delorme 2007+ w/gps $149, you can get 2007 w/gps for $99. thy both also have canada. the + is having the yellow, white & blue phone book for the usa also the delorme usb-gps will work with almost all gps programs (may have to get a software down load) it will run up to three gps programs at the same time.

the best laptop stand i have found is www.ram-mount.com the same brand the cop's have in thy cars thy will work with any laptop you can move them (with out tools) you can use it in both seats, you can even add cell phone holder, pda holder keyboard lite, cup holder. this thing is great.

if you don't have a store in your town listed then (sounds dumb) go to ebay and do a search for then a dealer in vegas sells then on ebay NEW
my volvo has national seats so i got the NO DRILL one for $177, took 15min to put it togther in the house and about 15min to install it in the truck (only had to remove two nuts on the seat to install it.