User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Karl Rove smiling...

Does this seem as Dieabold-ically worrying to you as it does to me?

I actually just found these links at pbs... and I'm passing them on. I really should have posted yesterday... there's a topic that I think you might actually be interested in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeltine
Why is Karl Rove Smiling?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jayne-...g_b_32079.html

"Washington Post: Bush, Rove "Inexplicably Upbeat" About GOP Election Prospects..".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...401051_pf.html
Karen Kline
Old 10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

I wish these people would make up their minds... first the retards in FL could not figure out how to use a paper ballot without falling down and hurting themselves and now the system that they demanded is now "evil". Any system and every system that comes up will be beaten to death by those who feel that they will automatically lose. So when the elections are held and the republicans lose lots of seats (which is the most likely scenario) will this little gloom and doom BS stop? And when the republicans then start crying about the machines will the same sources listen and be as concerned as they are pretending to be now?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Board Icon

Come on Fozzy, it wasn't a simple "paper ballot" it was the butterfly design that confused them. Everyone with an open mind and an honest viewpoint KNOWS it wasn't a fair vote. Even Buchanan knows it.

You're insulting a LOT of little old ladies, like MY mom and maybe YOURS, who can easily get confused by such things.

I think the whole debacle of the "hanging chad" recount would have gone away, if they'd just allowed a "re-VOTE" in that one county.

As for the Diebold machines... I saw a report on the news yesterday that showed how easily they could be "hacked" and infected with a virus that would then infect the whole system, and we'd never be sure of the actual vote. Do you think that is GOOD for America??

What happens if the whole thing crashes, like what happened here just recently, and we lose millions of votes? Would YOU settle for just counting the ones that could be "recovered?"

I don't trust ANY computer based voting system, period! I doubt seriously if we'll EVER be able to trust the vote in America again.

We need PAPER ballots, without holes punched in them, in our OWN handwriting, counted by hand. Not easy, I know. But, the only fair way.

If you want to blame someone, start with the Republican Tricky Dick! Americans never even considered that our elections would be rigged before HIM!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Karl Rove = a Bush demonic minion....... :P :P :P
Old 10-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Board Icon

See... Fozzy, the problem with your scenario is that, in SPITE of the polls and even the Republican's admissions (that they will lose,) the fact is... they will probably WIN! (with the help of Diebold)

Just like they won against the Popular Vote in 2000.

And THAT is why Rove is smiling!

Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Come on Fozzy, it wasn't a simple "paper ballot" it was the butterfly design that confused them. Everyone with an open mind and an honest viewpoint KNOWS it wasn't a fair vote. Even Buchanan knows it.

You're insulting a LOT of little old ladies, like MY mom and maybe YOURS, who can easily get confused by such things.

I think the whole debacle of the "hanging chad" recount would have gone away, if they'd just allowed a "re-VOTE" in that one county.

As for the Diebold machines... I saw a report on the news yesterday that showed how easily they could be "hacked" and infected with a virus that would then infect the whole system, and we'd never be sure of the actual vote. Do you think that is GOOD for America??

What happens if the whole thing crashes, like what happened here just recently, and we lose millions of votes? Would YOU settle for just counting the ones that could be "recovered?"

I don't trust ANY computer based voting system, period! I doubt seriously if we'll EVER be able to trust the vote in America again.

We need PAPER ballots, without holes punched in them, in our OWN handwriting, counted by hand. Not easy, I know. But, the only fair way.

If you want to blame someone, start with the Republican Tricky Dick! Americans never even considered that our elections would be rigged before HIM!
You really saw a news report on this?

I'm so worried because I haven't seen any news report on the national media, and if they aren't following it, it won't be an element they take seriously in the election.

Where did you see it? I'd like to write to them and say how happy I was to hear about their report... and I'd like to write the other outlets saying I wish they'd cover the issue.

Thanks!
Karen Kline
Old 10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
See... Fozzy, the problem with your scenario is that, in SPITE of the polls and even the Republican's admissions (that they will lose,) the fact is... they will probably WIN! (with the help of Diebold)

Just like they won against the Popular Vote in 2000.

And THAT is why Rove is smiling!
I feel as if you've hit the nail on the head.

I'm going to go write to the national media outlets...
Karen Kline
Old 10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Board Icon

Consider: I don't remember if it was on FoxNews or CNN, but it was yesterday or the day before.

They had a Diebold machine set up, and some computer expert had what looked like a small diskette. I missed the very start of the program, but the crux of it was that someone could insert this chip into ONE single machine, and upload a virus that changed a certain number of votes from one candidate to another. No paper trail, no way to tell.

Then, either by taking the same diskette to vote headquarters, or just by linking that machine to headquarters for the total count (I forget which) the virus would be spread to the whole system.

He actually demonstrated this, by inserting the chip (WHY there was a PORT on the machine is beyond me!) and then pressing the key for candidate A, three times. The results shown on the screen when the "count" was retrieved, showed one vote for "A" and two votes for candidate "B" even though the button for "B" had never been pressed!

I'll see if I can google an article that confirms this.

Of course, it's OLD news by now. Someone must not want MANY of us to see it. I've lost ALL faith in our government in general.... and I can't help but blame that MOSTLY on the current administration.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Board Icon

Here you go, Consider. This published report predates the demonstration I saw on the news, but I believe it is the same "student" involved. The first few paragraphs explain exactly what I was referring to, and explains what the port on the machine is for.

On the news account, they mentioned that this "infected" boot chip could be taken back to HQ and thereby infect the whole system. But, even if it weren't, enough votes would have been changed to do the job.

Scary, isn't it? You think our government is honest enough to realize this problem and scrap the whole thing? Naaaa..... :roll:

Ooops! here's the link:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060913-7735.html

Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Wrong! It was only "confusing" in the 2000 election? These are the same balllots that had been used by these same morons for decades. It only became an issue when Gore's handlers (he had already admitted that he lost) thought that there was a way to manhandle the whole process and win a vote through manipulation of ONLY the democratically controlled areas.

If they are so "confused" then the ought not be voting.

That was not allowable in the voting laws of the state. This whole issue is based on the party in power in the area trying to change and manipulate standing laws.

I saw that there has been attempts to hijack elections for decades and that nothing has changed. There is a reason that these stories hit the air waves and it is not for information and you know it.

No, and I don't think that is a real issue either. If there is a fire in a place with paper ballots all the ballots should remain uncounted. Just as the democrats in FL wanted to disallow absentee voting in FL (mostly overseas military votes) it all depends on which ox is getting gored on how upset people are.

I trust that the American lemming though the media's hystaria on this issue will trust nothing and become even more pathetic.

That's foolish and it would take months to count the ballots, who would do the counting and who would trust them? This has to be some sort of mechaincal and or computer based system. Why the most advanced societies in the world are now insisting on reverting to the stone age (like the Taliban) is just nuts to me.

You act as though he invented something and of course this is an unbiased opinion? LOL!!!!