User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Strange things in the road

I figured that we'd all need some comic relief after Tuesday's tragic events, so I figured that a true story would suffice.

Today, I just finished unloading at my second store in Baltimore, MD. I got on I-695 South and only got a few miles when traffic started slowing down. Mind you, this was at about 3PM, so I didn't think congestion would be THAT bad. Someone came over the CB and asked what was causing the backup. The response? "There's a *****ter in the road!"
After a nice, awkward silence, I couldn't help but ask... "Hoss, would you run that by me again? I wanna make sure I heard that right."
"Yes, there's a porta-john in the right-hand lane."
Turns out, he was only half-right. There were two of 'em, one in the dead center of four lanes of traffic, and the other in the far right lane. Before anyone asks, they were NOT loaded... with either humans or human byproducts.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Rookie

The twin cities have some pretty bad and rude drivers.I'm on I-94 with a good 2 mile back up in all lanes.I get up closer and it was a family of ducks walking across that busy interstate,mom dad and 4 babies,not having a care in the world about possibly getting hit,LOL.It was actually quite cute and comical.Shows me that the twin cities traffic actually has a heart,LOL.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Board Icon

Other than the wild animals, I don't recall seeing anything that unusual. They say we have Chupacabras in west Texas, but I haven't seen any.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Rookie

I'm from Sioux Falls,SD and nothing out of the ordinary ever happens here but when it does I make a big deal about it,LOL.One time while traveling on I40 just before Nashville a 4 wheelere comes up beside me and waves.Very nice looken and a smile that could lite up broadway.He passes me and five miles down the road there he is parked on the shoulder getting out of his bronko naked as a jay bird.At first I was speechless then thought wheres a cop when u need one then finally all I could do was laugh.Now i've been driving trk long enough that nothing phases me,LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Other than the wild animals, I don't recall seeing anything that unusual. They say we have Chupacabras in west Texas, but I haven't seen any.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Rookie

A porta-john? ON the road? Now, that's just about the most unusual story that I've ever heard of. I guess it isn't impossible, but that is really, really weird. Where, may I ask, did these porto-john's come from? Were they implemented there randomly by a company that was doing construction? Either way, if I would have seen that, I wouldn't really know how to react. I suppose slow down and bypass this unusual sight? O_o
Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckn00b View Post
A porta-john? ON the road? Now, that's just about the most unusual story that I've ever heard of. I guess it isn't impossible, but that is really, really weird. Where, may I ask, did these porto-john's come from? Were they implemented there randomly by a company that was doing construction? Either way, if I would have seen that, I wouldn't really know how to react. I suppose slow down and bypass this unusual sight? O_o
Yes, ON the road. I reckon they came from where a guy didn't secure two of 'em. Yes, I just slowed down and bypassed it.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
Yes, ON the road. I reckon they came from where a guy didn't secure two of 'em. Yes, I just slowed down and bypassed it.
I've always wanted one of those mounted on my catwalk. :block:

Old 11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
I figured that we'd all need some comic relief after Tuesday's tragic events, so I figured that a true story would suffice.

Today, I just finished unloading at my second store in Baltimore, MD. I got on I-695 South and only got a few miles when traffic started slowing down. Mind you, this was at about 3PM, so I didn't think congestion would be THAT bad. Someone came over the CB and asked what was causing the backup. The response? "There's a *****ter in the road!"
After a nice, awkward silence, I couldn't help but ask... "Hoss, would you run that by me again? I wanna make sure I heard that right."
"Yes, there's a porta-john in the right-hand lane."
Turns out, he was only half-right. There were two of 'em, one in the dead center of four lanes of traffic, and the other in the far right lane. Before anyone asks, they were NOT loaded... with either humans or human byproducts.
I guess I missed the tragic part, or is it insiderinfo? or is it cuz I'm from Canada?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Board Regular

Here is my most recent "strangest things on the road" experience. Going west on I-76 in Pa, right before the Breezewood exit has one of PA's finest sitting in the bushes on the westbound side. If you run that regularly you know that.

About a month ago, he had a hearse pulled over, yep, a hearse. I can just imagine the driver having to make excuses to the grieving family, on why the body didn't make it to the viewing or burial on time.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozerbert View Post
I guess I missed the tragic part, or is it insiderinfo? or is it cuz I'm from Canada?
The tragic part (for some of us) was in reference to the elections back in the early part of November. I was particularly annoyed at the outcomes of them. So, I reckon it is because you're from Canada... in a way.

Tags
baltimore, johnny house