User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

About 2 years ago I was driving thru S Florida thru the everglades and saw an Aligator's tail lying by the wayside... just the tail! The whole thing looked to be at least5 or 6-foot long!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Senior Board Member

It's a tie for me. On the one hand, I was coming up through Wytheville one night when a flatbed had lost part of a load of angle iron alllll over the road. I got slowed down some, but there was nowhere to go without running over some of it. I pulled off on the shoulder with dozens of other vehicles, and the only thing wrong with my truck was there was no longer a set of steps going up the side of the fuel tank. No punctured tires, amazingly enough.

The other one, I was coming up I-81 some way or other when this pickup truck with a load of stuff piled way up high on the bed merged on in front of me. He had this big metal shelving unit on top of everything, and it wasn't strapped down at all. I guess he figured it would ride, and he figured wrong. About as soon as he got up to speed, that shelf came off, and it kept sliding forward at 65 mph, losing speed slowly. I moved left to avoid it, and it moved into my lane. I ended up kissing the gravels off the side of the left shoulder avoiding that thing, but I didn't hit it. It's pretty amusing to think back on that little dance, and how moving left was the wrong thing to do in that particular situation, but there's no way I could have guessed which way that stupid shelf was going to track when it hit the road.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Senior Board Member

This one happened on Friday evening when NC and VA were getting some high winds. I was heading north on US-29 near Reidsville, NC and I noticed something amiss on the southbound side as a Celadon truck approached. A 100' pine tree was leaning over the road, and the top 10' or so had snapped off, falling down as the Celadon truck neared it. It shattered the windshield and the severed tree section bounced into the hammer lane. Thankfully, the driver escaped unscathed. I'm sure the folks heading south who didn't have CB's were rather shocked to see that tree in the road [without the trunk attached].
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Rookie

I once called the state police complaining about a naked pervert on the highway,(came up to my window and hung there whupping on his ding dong) and the operator told me to just not look at the scum bag. By the way did you see in the news about the naked devil that claims to really be a woman, sitting in a little girls school rest room. The DA will not prosecute. In saturdays news. Of course it also was in California. "where perverts hail from". I pray that God will severly punish such unsavory characters.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Rookie

Was going north on route 61 in Mo. when a small pig fell out the back of a truck at 60mph bounced and rolled to side of road got up and ran into cornfield. Always wondered if he knew his future was grim if he didnt try escaping
Old 12-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungerdogg View Post
Was going north on route 61 in Mo. when a small pig fell out the back of a truck at 60mph bounced and rolled to side of road got up and ran into cornfield. Always wondered if he knew his future was grim if he didnt try escaping
This may explain why I had no Bacon on my plate this morning.

Tags
baltimore, johnny house