User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You posted it as "great" so you must be proud. What say you....
Old 05-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Maybe the title of this catagory should be changed. Since after reading some of the posts in this catagory, like one that states that an individual drove a semi at a speed over 100 MPH, and some others with stories that would scare the wits out of anyone driving a 4 wheeler.

So, if you don't want the stories, maybe you should change what it is you mean by "Amusing" truck driving factual stories.

I mean would driving an unsafe rig be considered "amusing"? I don't think so, nor do I think that driving a semi over 100 MPH is amusing.

But, like I said, maybe the title of the catagory should be changed.

Maybe it should be changed too...

AMUSING TRUE TRUCKING STORIES...

If this were the title of the catagory, I can think of one story posted else where, about one trucker who had a poodle in a vehicle next to him, just sitting and staring at him... That's "amusing"...

That's all I have to say about this...

Old 05-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Board Icon

Was it amusing, sure it was, along with stupid. Was it great driving?? Heck no, I've seen better, much better than that little stunt. That is one of the easiest things to pull off, 1st graders are doing it these days as it is very commonplace on the East coast in everyday normal traffic. Commuters wait until the last second for their exit then swerve across 4 lanes of traffic and slice thru the grass just to make their ramp.

Why not be a man and say that you were wrong in your actions?? By running it shows that your nothing but a wuss, can't man up and take responsibility for your own actions yet your one that will talk all big and bad, aka Rambo.

BTW, 3 car lengths ain't $hit when going in front of a semi. 3 car lengths is only about 40 feet max. Takes a semi a whole lot more than that to stop in an emergency. Your little POS Camaro can stop, take off and then stop again before the semi has even stopped the first time.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Senior Board Member

I happen to be a woman for your information, and I'm sure you can come up with some very nasty, rude comments for me, just because I'm a woman as well... :roll:

Like I said, I've read other posts in this catagory, and they weren't amusing...

End of subject... :roll:

Old 05-25-2007, 12:16 AM

Why waste time defending yourself, hey you lived thru it, no one got hurt and you slipped the police. Alot of us have slipped the police in one way or the other including myself, don't worry about the self righteous they are always ever present. All the time knowing that they have done worse, and if it ever came to light where would alot of us be---jail. That's right; what will some on this board take to the grave, is your closet really that clean?---Tell it to someone else, I don't care to hear how perfect we think we are, next joke.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Rookie

I just don't understand some men. My husband lost a child at 7 in a car accident. He was with his mother and she missed a stop sign (thx to the lortabs she was on).. This was a traggic loss and I see him suffering from it, yet he still jepordizes our two little boys. I say God gave him another chance and I hope he grows up soon to enjoy all of it. Man I hope you have learned after this and the previous accidents that you need to stop and smell the roses also...
Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I was going across I-70, westbound and coming up to Cambridge, OH. In a bit of a hurry, I was doing a little over sixty. At the top of the hill, a trooper was going eastbound. As he got past me, I saw his brake lights come on. I know he's coming after me, so I start to slow down. He does a flip through the middle and starts out westbound. I'm down to fifty and he's not catching up. Lights going, and he's slowing down. There's smoke coming out from under his hood. The next thing I know, he's pulling off on the shoulder...

I think he knocked his oil pan off on something in the median. But, I don't know for sure.

Nice driving officer.....

=========================================

Another time, I was eastbound, empty, and going across the St Croix bridge from MN to WI. It had rained and frozen, and I was not going over thirty. This cadillac in front of me loses it and starts doing 360s, bouncing between the railings on either side of the bridge. Trying to avoid the car, I stepped on the brakes.

Did you know that with ABS, at lower speeds, if all brakes lock up at the same time, the computer says: "THE VEHICLE IS STOPPED".

The tractor and trailer stayed in line, but the whole rig started turning clockwise. She was against the railing on the right side of the bridge, and the rig was perpendicular to the road before I got to her. I was seeing the side of the truck wiping her off the bridge, and then realized the tractor seemed to stop. It wasn't getting any closer to her, and was pulling back from the railing, and I was starting to look back toward MN. Right after that, I was looking in the mirror and seeing the trailer go toward the edge on the WI side of her. Before I knew it, I was starting to look toward the WI side again. I let off of the brakes, and the truck straightened out at about five mph. That's how fast I crawled across the rest of the bridge and parked on the shoulder. The ice on the grass formed a ridge so that the rig did not slide off the shoulder and into the ditch. When I walked back up onto the bridge to see if she was alright, a cop stopped, and I got there in time to hear her say: "The driver in that truck is a really fantastic driver. He turned that truck completely around to avoid hitting me."

To this day, I really don't believe she has any idea how long it took me to be able to stand up without my knees feeling like rubber.

By the way... I looked over the truck very carefully. Not even a rub mark. The truck did a 360, did not jack knife, and did not touch anything either. At the time, I was driving a brand new Kenworth T-600 for a company out of Wausau, WI, and my wife was going through cancer treatments at Marshfield Clinic.

Of course, I do not recommend that any of you try this at home, or on the road either.

Now, as far as "zipping between trucks" with a 4-wheeler... Do you use a CB radio? Have you ever heard someone say something about some "STUPID 4-WHEELER"? Don't you wish you had a CB in your car about then?????? You might have heard what those drivers thought about your fancy driving.