User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default California scale

Was headed east on I80 just east of Sacramento when I came up to the the scale it was open,I spent all day loading and spent the morning driving to my delivery so by the time I reached the scale my log book was way over my 14 and I the last time I touched it was in the morning my weights were ok so I thought I could just roll right over,wrong when I got on the scale got the red light,was told to go around back,well when I got there there was two men standing there with clipboards,they were just wearing orange vests no uniform they came up on steps and said we would just like to ask you about your stay in the Sacramento area,how long were you here,were did I eat and were was I heading and was I planning another trip to the area,I answered the questions and they said have a nice day you are free to go, well you have never seen a truck leave a scale faster than I did think there was smoke coming off of my tires. :lol:
Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I see why your nickname is Lucky
Could have been some a Federal Security check of some kind
Doesn't sound like any kind of CA. DOT I've had the misfortune to meet.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Senior Board Member

CA has been doing those survey's for about 5 years now. Have done a couple of them at the Cottonwood scales, and also at the scales south of Escondido on I-15.

The questions ranged form what I brought into the state, from where to where, what I was taking out of the state from where to where, as well as what sort of business's did I frequent while in the area and state.

About the 4th time I went through one of those survey's I got the nerve to enquire why they were doing it. The survey people worked for the CA Internal Revenue, and use the response's to the questions as a method of back checking tax reporting by California Based business'es.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
CA has been doing those survey's for about 5 years now. Have done a couple of them at the Cottonwood scales, and also at the scales south of Escondido on I-15.

The questions ranged form what I brought into the state, from where to where, what I was taking out of the state from where to where, as well as what sort of business's did I frequent while in the area and state.

About the 4th time I went through one of those survey's I got the nerve to enquire why they were doing it. The survey people worked for the CA Internal Revenue, and use the response's to the questions as a method of back checking tax reporting by California Based business'es.
almost sounds like the Old Fruit insect inspection stations