User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Rookie Backing or Dog in the Mirror

I run flatbed linehaul for a company out of Vegas in Northern Az. A place I deliver to 3-4 times a month had 2 loads coming in the same day and a buddy of mine took the other one and followed me to Heber, Az. You have to back into their yard about 200 feet, but when you come into the gates, they have a shack in the middle so their gaurd can check paperwork against outbound loads to make sure the contractors have the right stuff. There is only about a foot on each side of our trucks, so you got to be dead on. Well my buddy has a dog that rides with him (keep this in mind). After Sergio unloads me, I tell my buddy to jump on the step and I would give him a ride to his truck so he can get empty. He says he would rather I back it in, since this is his first time. Once I get backed in, Sergio says (and I quote) "Bro, whats the problem.....you never have problems backing in, but you looked like you needed all the room in the world".....yea well....thats what happens when a dog keeps looking into the mirror and I can't see the shack. I would back about 5 feet and have to stop and tell the dog to get in the bunk