User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

39 months total time OTR driving I was not a 6 month wonder. Also I did not get my CDL from a driver mill I got mine the old fashion way MY FATHER sitting in the jump seat training me when I screwed up he let me know.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
They can not do anything to me now since I no longer have my CDL so in 1997 I had my 1988 International 9300 upto around 115 across SD on I-90 late at night not a car on the road just letting her fly.
Sweet What was that like? Things starting to rattle apart? Was the trailer fishtailing? I bet you about redlined your engine. Even in top gear it's hard to imagine the engine would have enough rpm to move that fast.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:42 PM

The load in the back kept it pretty straight but I would not recomend EVER doing it in a truck. Things happen way to fast at that speed for you to react and the slightest mistake can have severe penalties. I was lucky you may not be if you ever do that. The only reason that truck rand that fast was do to the engine and tranny and gearing combo. She was set up with a 444 Cummions turned up by Bruce at Diesel Injection of Pittsburgh to around 700HP 13 double OD trans and 3.55 gears on 24.5 big rubber.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
39 months total time OTR driving I was not a 6 month wonder. Also I did not get my CDL from a driver mill I got mine the old fashion way MY FATHER sitting in the jump seat training me when I screwed up he let me know.
Something stinks here, and it ain't me.

Quote:
Forced off OTR driver with 1 million miles accident free name the commidity I pulled it.

1,000,000 miles / 39 months = 25,641 miles per month. Care to explain how you managed that? :roll:

I smell B.S.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:08 PM

It was39 months before I made trainer not before I hit the million mile mark Rev. Also the reason I was forced off the road was due to Epilepsy a medical condition so unless you can walk a mile in my shoes do not go there. Try having a condition where you do not know when where or if you will lose all control of your body tear your shoulder to pieces maybe put your arm threw a plate glass window and for fun bite your tounge off. You also have to remember I was running as a trainer and I recieved credit for those miles in my calculations since I got paid solo rate on those miles made my life nice on the paycheck.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
It was39 months before I made trainer not before I hit the million mile mark Rev. Also the reason I was forced off the road was due to Epilepsy a medical condition so unless you can walk a mile in my shoes do not go there. Try having a condition where you do not know when where or if you will lose all control of your body tear your shoulder to pieces maybe put your arm threw a plate glass window and for fun bite your tounge off. You also have to remember I was running as a trainer and I recieved credit for those miles in my calculations since I got paid solo rate on those miles made my life nice on the paycheck.
So let me see if I have this correct - you didn't DRIVE 1,000,000 miles, but you were PRESENT when someone else drove for you.

Wow - I'm so impressed. :roll:
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh

When I was little, I remember seeing this American guy going way faster than 100mph; And his rig weighed much more than 80,000lbs.
I,m not sure of his exact speed or indeed the size of his rig
But I do distinctly remember his words when he finally stopped.
He said "This is one small step for man...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 PM

Rev I did end up with one million miles driven however you are the kind of driver that makes my blood boil you ruthlessly attack yet I imagine you are the kind of driver who one is always screaming about the lack of parking in a truckstop when there are plenty of spaces besides the front row. 2 complain when you are forced to wait in line to get loaded and 3 actually wait to recieve a dispatch I for one never compalined and was able to be rehired for all the companies that I drove for do to my customer service skills more than one time I had a customer ask for me to haul a load. In fact I had a the pleasure of more than one time hauling the first load into a new customer for the carrier I was driving for. I never was placed OOS for either a log book or equipment issue in the time I was out there I chewed out more than one shop foreman for not wanting to repair something that was saftey related. I took pride in my job and if I did not have my current condition would still be out there training a new batch of drivers the right way not the school way of how to drive.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wot i life
When I was little, I remember seeing this American guy going way faster than 100mph; And his rig weighed much more than 80,000lbs.
I,m not sure of his exact speed or indeed the size of his rig
But I do distinctly remember his words when he finally stopped.
He said "This is one small step for man...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah thats right. Us Americans have all the balls :wink: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Board Icon

How little you know. :lol:

Quote:
Rev I did end up with one million miles driven however you are the kind of driver that makes my blood boil
I still disagree - you claim 39 months driving, yet it is impossible to run the miles you claim in that period of time. You still haven't provided any reasonable explanation for this discrepency, other than you are claiming miles that you didn't drive, but rather were just PRESENT when they were driven.

Quote:
you ruthlessly attack yet I imagine you are the kind of driver who one is always screaming about the lack of parking in a truckstop when there are plenty of spaces besides the front row.
I rarely park in the front row. In fact, I rarely park at truckstops.

Quote:
2 complain when you are forced to wait in line to get loaded and
The Rev. never waits in line for anyone. :roll:

Quote:
3 actually wait to recieve a dispatch
This makes no sense. What - am I just supposed to randomly drive around looking for someone to move?

Quote:
I for one never compalined and was able to be rehired for all the companies that I drove for do to my customer service skills more than one time I had a customer ask for me to haul a load.
Your signature line says otherwise - something about being FORCED out. Sounds like a complaint to me. :wink:

Quote:
In fact I had a the pleasure of more than one time hauling the first load into a new customer for the carrier I was driving for.
Good for you. I do that all the time. It isn't anything special.

Quote:
I never was placed OOS for either a log book or equipment issue in the time I was out there I chewed out more than one shop foreman for not wanting to repair something that was saftey related. I took pride in my job and if I did not have my current condition would still be out there training a new batch of drivers the right way not the school way of how to drive.
Teaching them how to do triple digits, no less. :roll:

Just for giggles, I'm gonna break down your sig line:

Quote:
Forced off OTR driver
Complaint.

Quote:
with 1 million miles accident free
Disputable.

Quote:
name the commidity I pulled it.
Household Goods
Automobiles
Boats
Corn Gluten Pellets
Cottonseed
Ammonium Sulfate
Liquid Human Waste
Solid Human Waste
Office Furniture
Fish Meal
Soybeans
Soybean Meal
Dinosaur Fossils

I trust you have hauled all these things. I know I have.