Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Amusing Truck Driving Factual Stories (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/amusing-truck-driving-factual-stories-23/)
-   -   What is the highest speed you've got your rig up to? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/amusing-truck-driving-factual-stories/22013-what-highest-speed-youve-got-your-rig-up.html)

zz4guy 11-06-2006 06:53 PM

What is the highest speed you've got your rig up to?

I was doing 100 in my camaro yesterday and it got me thinking - what would it be like to have an 80,000 lbs rig going that fast?? :shock:

Post your stories and locations of where you hit the speed.

Rev.Vassago 11-06-2006 10:29 PM

Re: What is the highest speed you've got your rig up to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4guy
I was doing 100 in my camaro yesterday and it got me thinking - what would it be like to have an 80,000 lbs rig going that fast?? :shock:

Post your stories and locations of where you hit the speed.

If you have a CDL, turn it in. Now.

classicxl 11-06-2006 10:30 PM

exactly turn that CDL in

11-07-2006 12:40 AM

They can not do anything to me now since I no longer have my CDL so in 1997 I had my 1988 International 9300 upto around 115 across SD on I-90 late at night not a car on the road just letting her fly.

Rev.Vassago 11-07-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
They can not do anything to me now since I no longer have my CDL

Thank goodness.

11-07-2006 12:59 AM

The only person I put in risk that time was ME no one else was in the area I was the kind of driver who always ran LEGAL. You do not get to be a finish trainer without being a legal driver.

Rev.Vassago 11-07-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I was the kind of driver who always ran LEGAL.

Except when you didn't.

Quote:

You do not get to be a finish trainer without being a legal driver.
Look for some posts here by a driver named Keeso - 6 months experience, was made a driver/trainer by Swift. He loved to brag about how he bent the rules, and drove endless hours.

shyykatt 11-07-2006 01:46 AM

8)

11-07-2006 01:53 AM

The fact yes I did do in excess of 110 mph in a semi at one time was stupid. However I did it not do it again. I never claimed to be a Billy Big Rigger or Super Trucker I was out there making a living and a good one. I was a legal and safe driver at Henderson Trucking to the point I was a finsher I got the trainees that were close to flunking out of the program and was told see if I could salvage them. 80% of the trainees I got flunked out or flat out quit on me I ran them harder than they were going to ever run in real world trucking. Of the 20% that did make it out I would have put those guys against anyone of some of the so called professinals out there at the time.

yoopr 11-07-2006 05:34 AM

How long were you a actual Driver before getting this "Finishing Trainer"?