User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
ok-you're right but I didn't think you could haul that much explosives at once but then again I'm not a DOT regulator.
Saw it on my Dish Network last nite on KTLA in Los Angeles-Man-that was one MASSIVE hole in the ground.
Wow. :shock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner
was on the news to nite
page 42
You have to do it like this:

page 42

Old 08-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Simply Indigestible

Back in the early '90's the boss landed a contract with BFI to haul medical waste from hospitals in NC, SC and Tenn.
During this short stint I had to give up my W-900, the Freightliner had yet to arrive so, I was blessed with a Mack Superliner, a Canadien Mack at that with the spread drive axles, double frame and HUGE, triple insulated, sleeper. Really not a bad ride just a bit bigger than most of the places I had to pick up at. What else is new in the world of trucking?

On one Friday I was heading to the hazardous waste incinerator, I was running a lot earlier than normal. I had picked up the loaded trailer in New Bern, NC at about 0100 so, my arrival time at the incinerator would have made me wait until 0700 to drop and hook and boogie on to the next stop plus, the late shift foreperson was a PRICK and I didn't want to deal with the guy what so ever. (More on this dude sometime later!)

I wheeled off I-85 onto exit 150, yes where the "J" is and the exit for the incinerator. I pulled up to the fuel island, fueled and actually found a space to park near the building. What a shock, usual fare was, park in the lower 40 and hike about 20 minutes to reach the door.

After paying for the fuel I wandered in to the restaurant and ordered breakfast. I figured no-one could screw up an order of "French" toast. I was wrong.
I then realized I had made a grave error in my seating choice as a driver in the booth in front of me started complaining about the "J", the food, the coffee and just about everything else under the moon, since the sun had yet to make an appearance.
The waitress person asked if I wanted to move and I told her no, I was going to have a bit of fun at this whiners expense.

After I choked down the burnt breakfast and 60 weight coffee I heard the guy make a comment about where the food came from. Wrong thing to ask.
I told him I could show him where the food was processed as I got up to pay the check. Yes, I paid for him also. We went out into the parking lot and there was just enough light to point out two columns of smoke rising above the trees. He then followed me to my truck and I pointed out the name on the side of the trailer "BFI MEDICAL WASTE" and the "Bio-hazard"
placard and I told him I had just made a delivery to the restaurant. The drivers jaw dropped, he turned the whitest shade of pale I had seen in a while then, he bolted back towards the fuel desk.
The driver in the truck next to mine got out and asked what had happened. I told him what I had done and he laughed and said something about being cruel.
I corrected him, "Not cruel" I replied. "Just wanted to set the drivers mind at ease is all."

Old 08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
"Not with my truck you don't!!" I told him and quickly called the company mechanic back.

:lol: i can just imagine the look on your face when he wanted to try this.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i can just imagine the look on your face when he wanted to try this.
Yeah me too!!!

It didn't help the General Anxiety Disorder I'm experiencing either....

Oh there will be another Lightning and the Gas Wagon tale shortly as soon as my nerves gather themselves together!!

Old 08-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Some one called the law on me for making too much noise...

More to come...

Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 AM

Hey Doc,
I went out this past month with my husband. I finally got to see NC. I was impressed it is sure pretty over there and the people are sure nice. Our daughter is out this month in the truck and now she is hoping that they get a load to NC as she wants to see it.

I will post about the CHP officer who ticked off the young guy in the motor home. Some of you are going to love this one.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Default CHP stood up for the truckers in the rest area...

As most of you know there is a CHP officer that drives the white Camero in Northern California. Well this past month we were headed north bound when he came on the radio needing a truckers help. There was some young kids that had over heated and he needed some empty jugs to put water in. So we got on the radio and told him we had some to meet us at the rest area. The officer pulled in just seconds after us and stopped in front of our truck. Well this guy gets out of his motor home that we had parked next to. The guy tells the officer that he needs to tell us to turn our truck off that the noise from our truck is bothering him and for us to also turn our trailer off too that it was to loud and that there is no need to run the motor on our trailer. The officer looked at him and said. "Sir No I am not going to make this driver or any other drivers turn their trucks off its over 100 degrees out here and the temp inside their trucks are 20 to 50 degrees higher inside the cabs of their trucks than outside. Not only that these trucks are the homes for weeks sometimes months at a time for these drivers. Without these men and women out here hauling freight for people like you this county would stop they need to be safe and kept healthy so if that means running their trucks to keep them cool then they will run them." The officer also added the following to him "Sir if you like any foods or beverages that must me kept cold then you best thank this driver he just might be hauling something that you drink or eat on a daily basis" Since we both had to use the rest rooms we turned our truck off we no more than walk away from our truck when the reefer kicked into high gear LMAO.

Thought some of you would get a kick out of this. Also wanted to add a thankyou to the officer for standing up for all the drivers out there on something like this and for helping the young teenage kids that broke down.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Rookie
Default Leaving the Windy

While running the windy on a regular basis, one day I heard a local yelling for a redneck or a hillbilly to come back to him. After hearing this several times, I keyed up and told him to bring it on back. His 1st question was "How many times someone had to read the CDL test to me, before I passed." My reply, "None, I just came up to the Windy, and bought mine, just like everyone else did." After a couple minutes, he hollered again, and asked how I felt after I finished scr___ my sister that morning." I quickly replied I wasn't sure and wondered what his wife said after I left. Needless to say this was the last I heard from him.[/list][/quote]
Old 09-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member

LIGHTNING AND THE GAS WAGON!

Yes the saga continues...

Pulled under the loading rack at the Citgo terminal at the same time a rapidly moving thunder storm moved in to town. I hooked all the necessary equipment up, carded in and let the product flow. The storm made a lot of racket and threw down some interesting colour lightning. I asked the driver in the next lane if Citgo would be upset if the truck was being loaded. The driver came back with some smart assed remark and bragged that he had 700 gallons to go and he was done. I ignored most of the comments and continued to let the product flow.

The driver then made a declaration that he was down to 500 gallons when a bolt of lightning struck near the terminal causing the computer in his lane to shut down but didn't affect my lane at all. Rather curious I thought but kept on loading. The driver also noticed that he couldn't card out to get his Bill Of Lading. The language was quite colourful to say the least.

After finishing up with my load I went over to help the distraught driver get his load finished. I was tempted to make a comment about "Doesn't pay to be a smart ass" but I didn't.
The driver asked me how I knew the trick to restarting the computer, I just told him that I've hauled gas for about 10 years plus, Citgo's equipment was junk and was easy to manipulate.

The driver apologized for the remarks, I just told him to forget it but he could buy me a Pepsi and call it even.....

I'm sure the terminal personnel will be upset when they review the weekend video.

One side note: The light show the entire night was nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: CHP stood up for the truckers in the rest area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trckndadsangel
As most of you know there is a CHP officer that drives the white Camero in Northern California. Well this past month we were headed north bound when he came on the radio needing a truckers help. There was some young kids that had over heated and he needed some empty jugs to put water in. So we got on the radio and told him we had some to meet us at the rest area. The officer pulled in just seconds after us and stopped in front of our truck. Well this guy gets out of his motor home that we had parked next to. The guy tells the officer that he needs to tell us to turn our truck off that the noise from our truck is bothering him and for us to also turn our trailer off too that it was to loud and that there is no need to run the motor on our trailer. The officer looked at him and said. "Sir No I am not going to make this driver or any other drivers turn their trucks off its over 100 degrees out here and the temp inside their trucks are 20 to 50 degrees higher inside the cabs of their trucks than outside. Not only that these trucks are the homes for weeks sometimes months at a time for these drivers. Without these men and women out here hauling freight for people like you this county would stop they need to be safe and kept healthy so if that means running their trucks to keep them cool then they will run them." The officer also added the following to him "Sir if you like any foods or beverages that must me kept cold then you best thank this driver he just might be hauling something that you drink or eat on a daily basis" Since we both had to use the rest rooms we turned our truck off we no more than walk away from our truck when the reefer kicked into high gear LMAO.

Thought some of you would get a kick out of this. Also wanted to add a thankyou to the officer for standing up for all the drivers out there on something like this and for helping the young teenage kids that broke down.
wow-a CHP officer-they're not all bad out there but you have to look hard to find one-glad you found him