User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well Doc, we did it.....20,000 :moose::moose::moose::moose:and it isn't even the end of the year! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: And it's now on page 29 :moose::moose::moose::moose: :lol: :P :P :roll: :roll: :arrow:
Let Loose the 'patio elk' my friend....who knows where this will end :?:And it's good to see others responding and posting here now.. :shock: .
Old 11-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member

arty: :rock:

As U-2 plays on! Yeah it surprised me when I logged on to see the thread on the up side of 20,000!!!!

Let's see, where will it be on December 31???

You're correct my friend, it is good to see others getting over their "mic" fright, so to speak, and posting their own humourous tales!!!

Now for this.....

Quote:
Hey Doc,your story reminded me of the movie Terminator 2.....if any of you have seen it...remember when the "bad" terminator was driving the tanker full of liquid nitrogen? And then he wiped out,and got covered in the nitrogen,and was frozen? Then Arnie shot him,and he shattered into a million pieces.I was wondering if that is what would really happen,I guess you answered that doc!
Well never having seen either of the "Terminator" flicks I'll take your word for it... I learned about the interesting properties of liquid ox and nitrogen at the Smithsonian while on a class trip way back in junior high.
A demonstration of space flight and exploring the outer reaches of the solar system was on the menu for that day and the lady giving the demonstration showed what would happen to everyday common items when exposed to the extreme cold of both oxygen and nitrogen. She was trying simulate the atmosphere on Neptune and Uranus. Convinced me!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default RE

doc wrote
Quote:
I learned about the interesting properties of liquid ox and nitrogen at the Smithsonian while on a class trip way back in junior high.
:shock: WOW....I didn't know the Smithsonian was that old !!!! :P
Old 11-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow1

:shock: WOW....I didn't know the Smithsonian was that old !!!! :P
I wouldn't know but there's a fine statue of a chubby penguin in the main hall.....

And yet another thread being steered dreadfully off course

Old 11-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Rookie

DoctorWho, I would have to agree with you regarding another thread being steered off course. That's the biggest fault I see with CAD, too many individuals, and it's usually the same ones, like to post items not related to the thread itself. Correct this and CAD would be the absolute best trucker site. I also have a question as to why certain posts don't show the author, but merely numbers? Hopefully this thread will now return to amusing tales.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Default RE

2bad4u........I'm sorry if I offended you. Everybody has been working at getting the post's and pages to this thread up to a certain # by the end of the year. Some with a little razz, some with a funny story, and some making a point. Truth in fact, I could say that your post was way off course for this thread, but I'm not that type of person.

Doc, on with the stories !!!!! and leave the chubby penguin out of it
Old 11-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u
DoctorWho, I would have to agree with you regarding another thread being steered off course. That's the biggest fault I see with CAD, too many individuals, and it's usually the same ones, like to post items not related to the thread itself. Correct this and CAD would be the absolute best trucker site. I also have a question as to why certain posts don't show the author, but merely numbers? Hopefully this thread will now return to amusing tales.
As with any of the truckers sites with the exception of one, it is a given that any thread at any given time will be hijacked. It would be rather difficult to prevent this from not happening and all it would accomplish is upsetting the membership as a whole and the board will cease to be the fun place it has been for the past 3 or so years...
I will agree that some threads start out on a somewhat serious note but by page two of the threads, if it gets that far, someone steers it off course and most times the entire subject gets derailed...

To answer your other question a few times in the past the board had a few glitches and the posters information was lost, other times it was a misunderstanding that got out of control and the persons involved where, sad to say, eliminated from the data base!!!

There's this:

Quote:
Everybody has been working at getting the post's and pages to this thread up to a certain # by the end of the year.
Actually this is not the purpose of the thread to get the view count up and how many pages by a certain date... This thread was started for the entertainment of all the members of CAD with quite a few of my own stories from the numerous journals I've kept over the years, it does seem like this is my own personal playground, trust me it's not. It is good to see others posting stories and I, for one, would like to see more do so!

With this out of the way it would be time for an amusing tale or three.....

Stay tuned boys and girls!!!

Old 11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Default RE

Whoops, my bad ops: ........see what happens when you read, but don't comprehend !!!!

Sorry for the offense.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Default dont worry about it snow 1 and a funny story to follow

hey snow 1 don't worry about it, I still love ya no matter what happens here.

well it was in the winter of 1988 and i was working out of chicago other wise known as the windy city. well it was the windy city that got me all sorts of up tight one day because of the traffic that happend to be all balled up one day that i was running city shag for the company that day.
well it turned out that i was my time to go get a particuler load out of the city that day and it just happened that i ate a whole lot of beans that day with my dinner that day. well you can guess from this point on i had trouble most of the day.
well that night i was on the dock loading the truck for my weekly rout going to oklahoma city and further south. same ol boss man that i had on the truck with me when i was driving for him in 1981 was working along side me that night helping me load out the product when all of a sudden guess what happened? your right,but the hell of it is he got a direct shot of the windy city right in his face because he was bending down putting freight on the floor. it was not a skunk this time. it was the real macoy this time.
talk about a boss man being almost sick he was. hell ol boss man and i are always doing something to make each other mad one way or another so i just figured that i was pay back time for putting me in a bad situation years ago that almost got me killed. so i figured how is the best way to pay a boss back with out getting your self fired.
well it came to me that io would eat a bunch of pinto beans knowing how they affect me after a time of being in my system and working for the day. thing is I could not of timed it any better than i did when he bent over to lay a box of beef of some kind on the floor. I was worse than the skunk was that I hit back in the fall of 1981 when i started with him.
well ill catch ya all later. charlie
take care charlie :sad: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P ops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :?: :idea: :arrow: :withstupid: :moose: arty:
Old 12-01-2004, 04:15 PM