User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Corporate Lodging saved my life!

I believe I have discussed this program in the past, but after this weekend, I feel it deserves repeating. I belong to a program called Corporate Lodging. It is basically a discount card for hotels, and if you stay at hotels, it will save you a ton of money.

This weekend, I got a hotel room in Cincinnati. The walk in room rate was $79 a night. With my Corporate Lodging card, I paid $23.37 per night. There is a $4.95 charge for using the card per night, but I still paid less than half of what the rate would have been without the card. With my AC out, this has been a life saver. It is supposed to be 101 degrees in South Carolina today, and I will be getting a hotel room for $30-$35 with my card.

There are no annual fees, and you don't get charged anything unless you use the card. It costs $9.95 to sign up, and you'll save more than that much by using the card only once. Many companies use this program, which can get your activation fee waived. There are a lot of hotels that use this program, and you can search for hotels anywhere in the country on their website. You can even find out if they have truck parking before you ever call them.

Learn more at http://www.checkinncard.com
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Corporate Lodging saved my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I believe I have discussed this program in the past, but after this weekend, I feel it deserves repeating. I belong to a program called Corporate Lodging. It is basically a discount card for hotels, and if you stay at hotels, it will save you a ton of money.

This weekend, I got a hotel room in Cincinnati. The walk in room rate was $79 a night. With my Corporate Lodging card, I paid $23.37 per night. There is a $4.95 charge for using the card per night, but I still paid less than half of what the rate would have been without the card. With my AC out, this has been a life saver. It is supposed to be 101 degrees in South Carolina today, and I will be getting a hotel room for $30-$35 with my card.

There are no annual fees, and you don't get charged anything unless you use the card. It costs $9.95 to sign up, and you'll save more than that much by using the card only once. Many companies use this program, which can get your activation fee waived. There are a lot of hotels that use this program, and you can search for hotels anywhere in the country on their website. You can even find out if they have truck parking before you ever call them.

Where in SC are you?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

That's what my company uses. Your right because they will only direct us to a motel that accepts that program.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
Where in SC are you?
Graniteville.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Thats a good rate, cheaper than idling, and if you do it on a restart, you get to stay in the room instead of your truck. How are they for truck parking,....I hate leaving my truck sitting (especially loaded) on the other side of a hotel from my room.
Carry a small bag and your computer,...good to go.
How about this. A nice small daycab with a 53 ft flat, sure you could nap across the seats, but it would open you up for some heavy loads.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
Where in SC are you?
Graniteville.
About 2 hours from me :P
Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
Thats a good rate, cheaper than idling, and if you do it on a restart, you get to stay in the room instead of your truck. How are they for truck parking,....I hate leaving my truck sitting (especially loaded) on the other side of a hotel from my room.
Some are better than others. That particular one, the truck parking sucked, but it was there.
Quote:
How about this. A nice small daycab with a 53 ft flat, sure you could nap across the seats, but it would open you up for some heavy loads.
You can't legally do that. That gets back into the whole "logging off duty while in a CMV" discussion.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Rev..if your going to be passing through Greenville SC on this trip, here is a decent shop, for getting your AC fixed. They fixed mine in May, after I had spent the last year fighting with the system to get it to work properly. Half a dozen shop's looked at and worked on my AC...these guy's found the problem and fixed it...for less than $300.00.

Their labor rate is $65.00 an hour, using ASE standard rates for repairs.

Call ahead to let them know what your problem is, and they will work you in faster.

http://www.callatechservices.com/
Old 07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Keep a close eye on your credit card statements.... CLC is famous for adding mysterious charges.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel

Keep a close eye on your credit card statements.... CLC is famous for adding mysterious charges.
I always get a receipt from the hotel, and compare that to the charge.