User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Four wheelers trying to squeeze in during button hook

:x It seems to be happening to me more often here lately. I do my best to keep my rear tandems as close to the curb as possible(3 feet) but it seems the one time they get a little too far away a 4 wheeler is trying to squeeze in!! I am often pulling in and out of Wal-marts for deliverys and some people are in a hurry and want to sneak in. :x
Old 11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Board Regular

Man, let me tell you what. I agree. I have seen too many a!@holes lately trying to squeeze in. I almost put my trailer over a car yesterday. I was making a right hand turn. Directional on way before turn. I had to swing wide to the left and just as I was pulling in, I came to a dead stop quickly. The car was trying to come by and he was about 1 inch from going under the trailer.

Scared the living crap out of me!!! The guy knew he !@#$ up and backed up. I sat there after I pulled into the spot and smoked about three cigs to calm my nerves.

Oh BTW it was in Massa2shits. Unfortunately I go there every day.

Drivers are way out of control lately. I also declared yesterday as a national holiday. I call it "stupid f!@#ing Driving day!!!!"
Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I also declared yesterday as a national holiday. I call it "stupid f!@#ing Driving day!!!!"
That's everyday in the North East. :lol:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Haven't you guys figured out that to the average 4 wheeler's mind the flashing light on the side of your trailer means: "I want you right there ASAP and don't you dare move while it is on either" :wink: :P
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 AM

It's only going to get worse with the holidays coming up! :evil: Hope everyone has a safe weekend!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I was listening to the truckers channel on XM the other day and they were some subject and a driver called in telling about a Rig he saw that had a trailer painted up like a big freight train and on the tail end in big bold letters it said something to the effect of "you wouldnt cut off a train now would you, so why would you chance it with a truck?" If everyone would let this thought run through their minds and consider what kind of damage a truck really can do to you when you are being dumb, i think things would be a bit different. Its a shame people dont consider this kind of thing, i thought that put things in good terms for the average person to consider. i would like to see some more of these trailers out there.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
I was listening to the truckers channel on XM the other day and they were some subject and a driver called in telling about a Rig he saw that had a trailer painted up like a big freight train and on the tail end in big bold letters it said something to the effect of "you wouldnt cut off a train now would you, so why would you chance it with a truck?" If everyone would let this thought run through their minds and consider what kind of damage a truck really can do to you when you are being dumb, i think things would be a bit different. Its a shame people dont consider this kind of thing, i thought that put things in good terms for the average person to consider. i would like to see some more of these trailers out there.
I was thinking about that the other day, and then I remembered how many people try to beat trains thru crossings and you hear about it in the news.

I honestly think the driving test needs to be harder, and people need to lose their licenses more easily.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:
I was thinking about that the other day, and then I remembered how many people try to beat trains thru crossings and you hear about it in the news.

I honestly think the driving test needs to be harder, and people need to lose their licenses more easily.
I'm starting to also think they ought to be RE-TESTED every time they're up for renewal or get a "stupid" ticket.

Too many four-wheelers get a license and suddenly "forget" what they needed to know to get one in the first place...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Board Icon

The majority that I see driving stupid are not kids but 30-40 year olds who should know better. I would agree about Friday ibamars. I watched a minivan nearly get broadsided by a fool trying to turn onto a one way street the wrong way and I nearly hit them head-on because they tried to keep on coming out. Bad enough but worse was the fact that the road they were turning out from was a one way street that they had already gone the wrong way down. Get a little further down and watch a tow behind camper nearly get drilled in the side because they thought the hole in traffic was much bigger than it really was.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:

I agree 200% on this. The problem I see is that the fines aren't high enough. A first offense moving violation should be a *HUGE* fine. We're talking $1,000 minimum. For a second violation there should not only be a huge fine, but also a license suspension, perhaps 30 days minimum. Also, to get their license back they should have to take their ENTIRE license test again - driving and written.

Everything is getting so much more fast-paced it just amazes me. Yes, I'm from WV and things are a lot more calm pretty much everywhere in this state, but I see things changing all the time. Everyone is just in too big of a hurry: passing @ 80mph on the interstate to jump off on the next ramp 1/8th of a mile in front of you.