Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Carrying a gun on the Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/18630-carrying-gun-truck.html)

repete 03-13-2007 02:18 AM

there's alot of big talk on here about firearms & trucks, I'll take your word for fact about no Fed. Reg re; a firearm in a cmv. And we all know whats going to happen when the DOT or MP's do a search and find one. But what happens when you do use it? how about an accidental discharge? Yeah I know it won't happen to you right?? Well I've been thru all sorts of small arms training and it can happen to anyone! I'm NOT going into any detail other than once you pull that trigger you can't call it back! You will live the rest of your life with that on your mind & in your dreams.
With that said, do I still carry? Yes at time when I feel the need to., but only in my home state. BTW I live in NY
I support your right to carry, but some people :roll: I wouldn't trust with a butter knife!!!

vyoufinder 03-19-2007 01:47 PM

I don't plan to carry a gun but...

I sure as shit am glad that criminals think I might be. I have a friend who is always packing. I live in Utah so I thought it was ridiculous. One night we hiked up about a mile and a half to some hot springs. When we got there, there were about 5-10 teenage girls, cute high school girls. There was also one guy who was about 30-ish and was following the girls around the hot pots talking their ears off even though they were obviously trying their absolute hardest to avoid him. They ended up spending most of the night very close to my friend and I. At about midnight, they decided it was time to leave, packed up their stuff and proceeded down the trail. Not two minutes after they were out of site, the weird guy all of a sudden decided he was in a hurry to leave as well. Believe me, it was clear that this guy had bad intentions in his mind from what he had said earlier to us. We tried to be friendly and told him to hang out a while with us. That didn't work. He was determined. He refused and we got more forceful with him about it and asked why. I'm leaving out a lot of the story but the guy was up to no good and it was clear. Finally my friend opened his pack and let the guy see that he had a pistol with him. The guy agreed to stay another 45 minutes and we all knew what was going on. Those girls have no idea how close they came to a very bad experience. No bullets were fired, no literal threat was made, but we all knew what was going on that night. That is, with the exception of the would be victim(s.)

rcso 03-19-2007 02:19 PM

With all due respect to your intended loss.

Sorry but the only accidental discharge I will ever buy is if a weapon slam fires to automatic for a few rounds. Guns don't go bang until you pull a trigger. That's even more preventable than truck accidents.

repete 03-22-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcso
With all due respect to your intended loss.

Sorry but the only accidental discharge I will ever buy is if a weapon slam fires to automatic for a few rounds. Guns don't go bang until you pull a trigger. That's even more preventable than truck accidents.

thank you, but a fire arm is a mechanical device and can have a malfunction at anytime . That may resualt in a misfire or discharge. It all depends on the type of weapon and it's "state of readiness" I have had 2 serious malfunctions
1 where an old PT.22 went full auto and emtyd the mag(got a lot of looks at the range :lol: )
2 I had a Ruger MK1 break a fireing pin and when that happens it fires from an "open bolt position" it blew the mag out and brook both grips off in my hand and swelled the frame all from a .22!
No injuries in either case!
Both of these weapons had been well taken care of and still had a mechanical malfuntion, add some neglect of the weapon and inexpeirance
with them and that an accident waitng to happen
guns don't kill people, people kill people. sorry bout the lecture :oops:

Piece Of Work 03-26-2007 04:17 AM

I love the CZ-52 in cliber 7.62x25

Its cheap and reliable but I don't carry on the road. The company policies are clear, and most companies prohibit entry on thier property if you are carrying.

Random_Facts 03-26-2007 05:29 PM

Like I said before, forget the gun You don't need one to arm yourself. use windex in there eyes. that way if a police officer say's what's that for? all you got to say is simple cleaning my windows Lol.

Lancs 03-24-2011 07:36 AM

Stop griping (complaining). You (YOU) decide what's right and wrong.... not the law. The law wants you to be submissive (naked).
But life and death decisions are for you to make, not the law. By the time the law gets there (after the 911 call) you're already dead.
If you need to kill someone.... kill'em. Period. If not keep the gun concealed in the truck. Period.
But at least YOU have control.

repete 03-24-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancs (Post 495849)
Stop griping (complaining). You (YOU) decide what's right and wrong.... not the law. The law wants you to be submissive (naked).
But life and death decisions are for you to make, not the law. By the time the law gets there (after the 911 call) you're already dead.
If you need to kill someone.... kill'em. Period. If not keep the gun concealed in the truck. Period.
But at least YOU have control.

Why are you dredging up the dead? This thread died 4 years ago!

syl77dar 03-28-2011 09:56 PM

I am a female who has driven solo, and I have been raised around guns--but I do not believe you need one on a truck to protect yourself! If us females can do it come on guys! Also, it is against the DOT and law to have a firearm on the truck.

GMAN 03-29-2011 12:50 AM

There are no laws that prohibits anyone from having a firearm in their truck. There are also no DOT laws on the books which prohibit having guns in the truck. Although some companies do prohibit drivers from having a gun in their truck, it isn't illegal.