Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Carrying a gun on the Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/18630-carrying-gun-truck.html)

terrylamar 01-21-2007 02:07 AM

All those shots fired, and you still miss. Sad. :D

Mrs.Bryan 02-04-2007 02:46 AM

I own 2 Firearms, one for my Purse and the other for my Home.
Firearms have saved my Life 5 times already, and I would NEVER dream of going Unarmed again!
I recommend that EVERYONE go Armed.
God Forbid that the lives of myself, my Husband and our Cat were to be put in danger at some point by someone else!
I am also a Full Year Member of NRA and a Former Cowboy Action Shooter.
Guns have been my companion and friends in times when I needed them.

BanditsCousin 02-04-2007 02:48 AM

Mrs. Brian also comes from a pro-gun state where the laws are more liberal. Illinois is a lot tougher on the subject.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 (did I say that right?)

Mrs.Bryan 02-04-2007 03:30 AM

Ours is Right to Carry and Open Carry.
With the way things are changing, that won't be around much longer here, except in Rural Areas.
Sad State of affairs with the Anti - Gunners moving in on our Cities.

BUCKEYE_TAI 02-08-2007 10:53 PM

I don't see anything wrong wit carrying a gun... The enemies do... What should I say to them when I have a more of a ratio chance to get shot then I would if I pulled out my own... And most likely I'm pulling out something bigger... How about get shot thinking I could have protected myself or how about feeling better knowing I went down in a blaze of glory for my right to live...

And the best qoute so far ,"I'de rather be judged by 12 then carried by six"... Oh so true, I say Amen to that Brother!!!...

yoopr 02-09-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar
All those shots fired, and you still miss. Sad. :D

:P

BUCKEYE_TAI 02-09-2007 02:51 PM

If I see the whites of their eyes, its kill or be killed!!!
Ooops!!! That was someone asking for directions... :?

Jack_07 03-04-2007 05:06 PM

Gun laws are made for the criminals to unarm an armed society who's main goal is self defence, in this manner the criminals can and will take advantage of unarmed citizens to rob,kill,steal, and hold hostage honest peoples. I vote against gun control and any member of the governemnt who is for gun control.
Actually when one thinks about guns all they see is killing when in reality its not the guns that do the damage its actually the bullets that is so dangerous, without the bullets a gun is almost useless.
When the bullet leaves the barrel it goes where ever it can untill it runs out of enough motion to carry it any further.
All the laws in the world will not stop criminals from this action untill we see the crooks swinging from the gallows, untill then current laws and punisment are not going to be much of a deterance.
The current situation in the prision systems is to reform criminals and yes there are some who actually change, but if we had stiffer penalties like open public hangings most people who actually had any moral behaviour would think more before commiting an act of violence.
Under the current system a smart criminal can play the system and be back out in a few years to commit more crimes and if this is the case they get much harder to catch if they are truely commited to comitting crimes.

choperbob 03-11-2007 09:03 PM

8) :evil: check out fmcs rules. no regs about carring a firearm. it is mostly the companys policy. there is also the problem with 1 state respecting another states laws regarding firearms. ei. new york does not accept new mexicos concealed weapons permit. still are you going to shoot me just because you were thinking about something else and i came out of the dark and said hi how are you this morning and scared the poop out of you? how do you know i am just being friendly, not a mad sexualy inferior rapist torture killer? you gonna shoot me just to be on the safe side? what is gonna be the guidline where you shoot first? how do i know the rules? if i see you pull a pistol is it ok to shoot you first? c'mon, common sense will keep you safer than a firearm. unless you are willing to shoot at first sight i will disarm you, even if you shoot me chances are i will still disarm you. use common sense!

cecole74 03-12-2007 04:10 PM

This topic is old and warn out but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in And its worth about that much. When I was moving here from TN me and my oldest son drove out and my wife and two younger kids flew. We had stopped in Mississippi for the night, and while my boy showered and got ready for bed I went to the diner to grab some food. On my way over I was attacked by two dirt bags, One grabbed my shirt and the other punched me in my face removing two of my front teeth. I don't remember thinking about it but at some point I was able to get my moderately sized folding knife out of my pocket and into the fellow who had hold of me and was trying to get me on the ground. I also got the fellow who removed my teeth as well. The Cops came took evryones story down as well as mine. I will put it this way. Had I had the Glock in my waits band I would have armed a crack head. A hand gun is useless at fist fight range. You are better served by a good knife, And the idea of shooting at some one blazing away at a dirt bag trying to sneak into my truck gives me the willies. If you miss ware do the bullets go ? Into the truck parked next to you. My wife carries concealed, but her first line of defense is her brain. Be aware of whats around you. Take a good self defence class and you will be fine. I am working in the 5th ward at this time. I move around here at night and have no trouble. Keep the gun at home and use your most dangerous weapon a woman has... your mind.