User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Girls, Stop Whining!

I have read through the posts in this forum. Most of it seems to be women who are bitching because of the way that men treat them. News flash: We will ALWAYS be sex objects to men, that will NEVER change. So if you want to work in a male dominated field, learn how to deal with it and stop ruining it for the rest of us with all of these frivolous "sexual harassment" lawsuits!
I drove dump truck for 2 years. When I first started, not only had I JUST gotten my CDL, but I was also the ONLY woman among 20 some men, and the first woman to work at the company in 2 years (the last one sued them). I had to work twice as hard to get the same respect as any of the guys there. I didn't take offense to that. I took it on as a challenge and I conquered it! By the time I had been there for a year I was in a brand new truck, and was the only driver there who the senior drivers trusted to drive their trucks when they were on vacation.
I busted my ass to prove to those guys that I was just as good as they were. Did I have to put up with ****? Yes, I did! Could I have sued that company for all it was worth? Yes, I could have! But why would I do that? Why would ANYONE do that? To **** it up for the rest of us? I had to ride along for 4 mos for free to prove that I wanted the job and could hang with the guys, just because some dumb bitch sued them before I got there!
It is all just ridiculous! If you want to be treated as an equal, then hand the bull**** out just as fast as you receive it! Talking **** on the CB is half of truck driving! ****ing figure it out and STOP complaining and for the love of god STOP suing people because something that you thought you wanted turned out to be offensive because you are TOO ******* SENSITIVE!!!!! ****ing get a life, get over it and hold your own, or find a new career!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Senior Board Member

go girl you got it in a nutshell we get same crap here from those type
Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Board Regular

Yeah I certainly can't talk for all of the guys out there but I treat women with the same respect as I do men, I hear the same things all the time about men treating women badly when they were just joking around trying to treat them as equally as they would a man. But maybe thats the problem women are always fighting for equality and so on, but maybe they don't realize they would have to lower themselves to our level to be equal.

Last edited by classictruckman; 02-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Senior Board Member

First let me say .... I'm proud for you Trouble0801 on how far you have come....Just wondering why you would pick a handle or screen name like Trouble ? ..Generally our name is a reflection of who we are. ....I'm sorry you had to go through so much crap to prove to others and yourself that you could do this job ... But I haven't heard any Lady here say anything about "sexual harassment lawsuits" ...

Yes trucking has been mostly a males profession from the begnning of time .... but females are now realizing that they too ... can do the exact same work and do the same quality of work - as those who have been here before us.... When I started driving back in the early 90's ... there was not that many Lady drivers on the road - I always acted like a Lady with Self Pride and Self Respect .... I learned quickly how to turn the cb off ... and when the smart ***** remarks come my way ... I just figured that I - a Lady - made their 'insecurity' surface and it seems to of scared alot of the big/little boys ... In all area's of work .... from Corp. to Retail and so on ... there is such a this called RESPECT ... I never got on the radio and talked dirty or told dirty jokes .... that wasn't necessary in order for me to get my job done. My thought is ... I carry myself with Repect and I will accept nothing less than that .... It's a known fact ..... we as humans teach 'others' how to treat Us !

************************************************** **************************************************

'''It is all just ridiculous! If you want to be treated as an equal, then hand the bull**** out just as fast as you receive it! '''
************************************************** *************************************************

So sorry ... no body needs to LOWER themself to that level to prove a point.

************************************************** ***********************************************

"" Talking **** on the CB is half of truck driving! ****ing figure it out and STOP complaining and for the love of god STOP suing people because something that you thought you wanted turned out to be offensive because you are TOO ******* SENSITIVE!!!!! ****ing get a life ""
************************************************** ************************************************** *

Excuse Me !! .... Talking on the CB isn't half of trucking .... the main purpose of it is to know if there's an accident ahead of you or a bear in the woods at a certain mile marker .... or to ask for directions ..... Not to be offensive to people !

************************************************** ************************************************** *

"" because something that you thought you wanted turned out to be offensive because you are TOO ******* SENSITIVE!!!!! ****ing get a life" ""
************************************************** **************************************************

Gosh .... sorry to inform you but ..... SENSITIVE!!!!! ...... has nothing to do with this job. Everyone knows that trucking is a hard job, dirty, and does seem to draw quite a few of the lower class of people to it .... who know's why ..... there's alot of bikers, people who couldn't go to college or had no other choice but to drive a truck and some that really love the job ...... but the newer group of drivers I've met come from ... other area's of the working force .... they've just retired or got laid off and figured they would give this profession a chance ... I met a Retire High School Principal, ex-Banker, and trust me ..... these people won't be Disrespectful to the other drivers .... because they learned in life that ..... We treat people the way We want to be treated.

Again ... We Teach Others How To Treat Us .... Thats a known fact.! .... Trouble don't you realize that with the Knowledge you have gained working in this field of trucking ..... that You could be such a strong force of encouragment to other Ladies wanting to start in this Profession? ...

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 02-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Senior Board Member

hey 4roses you bit over the top calm down its not a dirty job ****i drive a logging truck and am lot cleaner when i get home than when i was logging ,and its not hard work haha thats why woman can do it without complaining ,well some of you
Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Rookie

Classictruckman: Very well put, lol! I think that most women assume that "equality" means being treated better than everyone else. I'm not sure WHY they would expect that, but it seems to be the case. I would rather be treated as "one of the guys", because if you can't fit in with the guys, then you are never going to make it in this industry.

Last edited by Trouble0801; 02-12-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Rookie

4roses: First of all, my name is Trouble because that is the nickname that the guys gave to me when I started driving truck. When I asked them why, they told me, "Because you are hot and you drive truck, so you're Trouble!" I find this hilarious! This is not about people being "low class" or "disrespectful". I come from an upper middle class family and could have gone to college had I chosen to do so. As you said, there are many different people out there driving truck, some with bachelors degrees, because they found that they were able to make more money driving! So, class aside... I don't think that I ever made anyone's "insecurity surface", as you put it. These are men... They are men that are not used to having to watch their mouths, and that love the enviornment that they work in. Who are we to change that? I NEVER turned my CB off, most of the time I was laughing my ass off because of some comment some guy was making. I believe that I AM a strong force of encouragement to other ladies wanting to start in this profession because I can show them how to deal with REAL LIFE.... not some idealistic, pussified, womanized version of trucking.

Last edited by Trouble0801; 02-12-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Rookie

Mitchno1: LOL! Sometimes it is a dirty job, and sometimes it is hard work. I've shoveled out the back of a dump truck and trailer with clay stuck in it... good times, every shovelfull weighs about 10lbs! But I did it all without complaining! Some of us are cut out for the job... and some of us obviously aren't.

Last edited by Trouble0801; 02-12-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior Board Member

agree with you mate if they are wimps they shouldnot be there hey lot of the moaning blokes we got in here are the same ,should all harden up ,old saying if you cant handle the heat get out the ****en kitchen lol have good day trouble like ur attitude
Old 02-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Senior Board Member