User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Winter is Coming!

Well here it is...the FIRST snow...crap it's early!

A little video...

August 2009 :: DSCF1414.flv video by katparadis - Photobucket

This is an old Diamond that is at a place I stop to eat all the time...any guesses on the year?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Aaaaaaaaaaah!!! Is you not ready fer a little tiny bit of snow?? If you don't wanna see white this early....stop going so far north, where it appears first anyway!!

Would that be a `48 Rio???
Old 08-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaah!!! Is you not ready fer a little tiny bit of snow?? If you don't wanna see white this early....stop going so far north, where it appears first anyway!!

Would that be a `48 Rio???
It's a bit early for snow even way up here Stan...but I love the far north...no other place to be...

Most of the terrorists & summertime super truckers are gone now...so nothing but peace & quiet for the next 9 months YAHOOO!!!

I have no clue what year it is Stan, I was hoping someone would know...it has a huge Diamond name plate on each door...

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"

Last edited by wildkat; 08-29-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Awful hard tell with out looking at the manufacturer's tag or a title, but looking at the trucks on this link ( Diamond T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), that could be a 40's model Diamond T or a 50's model Diamond T.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Awful hard tell with out looking at the manufacturer's tag or a title, but looking at the trucks on this link ( Diamond T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), that could be a 40's model Diamond T or a 50's model Diamond T.
I'm thinking it was likely from the 40's sometime Stan as there's an aweful lot of old equipment up there from when the highway was built in the early 40's and when it was broken or used up it was just left where it stopped...there was no way to fix it or haul it out, and that particular location was one of the old construction camps.

The manufacturer's tag is still on it, but I couldn't locate the year it was made...likely part of the serial number I guess...but someone modified it to be a tandem...which unless it was in the army...which is likely, since they built the road...and a super heavy duty winch & jim poles were added...it's one heck of a tow truck that's for sure! My hubby made a deal with the guy who owns the place that if he ever wants to sell it he gets first dibs on it...

Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
I'm thinking it was likely from the 40's sometime Stan as there's an aweful lot of old equipment up there from when the highway was built in the early 40's and when it was broken or used up it was just left where it stopped...there was no way to fix it or haul it out, and that particular location was one of the old construction camps.

The manufacturer's tag is still on it, but I couldn't locate the year it was made...likely part of the serial number I guess...but someone modified it to be a tandem...which unless it was in the army...which is likely, since they built the road...and a super heavy duty winch & jim poles were added...it's one heck of a tow truck that's for sure! My hubby made a deal with the guy who owns the place that if he ever wants to sell it he gets first dibs on it...

Seeing as you worked that there Hubby hard, building a nice big shed...the least he should do, is fill a corner with a sweet rebuild project like that one!!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Seeing as you worked that there Hubby hard, building a nice big shed...the least he should do, is fill a corner with a sweet rebuild project like that one!!
LMAO Stan...he's got so damned many project in there right now there's NO ROOM FOR THE TRUCKS!!!!!! Like he REALLY needs another one!

Old 09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The only thing I find on "Diamond T" is a touring car from about a century ago. Diamong Reo, on the other hand, does have a model from back in the '40s that looks a lot like that. But, the pic says '40s and does not say which out of the ten years it was. Second half of the '50, they went to dual headlights. And, during the war years, it was all concentrated on the "war effort". So, I would suggest putting it in a range of about '47 to '55.

The pick says '40s. Looking at the grill and headlights, it seems to be close. Only problem is that the same style could have spanned about 5 years. Even today... Look at a pic of a Freightliner Century and tell me what year it is...:smokin:

Old 09-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Board Icon

1955 Diamond T for sale on Ebay.. They're only asking $20,000 and will still be there for another 3 days. Have a look at that one.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
The only thing I find on "Diamond T" is a touring car from about a century ago. Diamong Reo, on the other hand, does have a model from back in the '40s that looks a lot like that. But, the pic says '40s and does not say which out of the ten years it was. Second half of the '50, they went to dual headlights. And, during the war years, it was all concentrated on the "war effort". So, I would suggest putting it in a range of about '47 to '55.

The pick says '40s. Looking at the grill and headlights, it seems to be close. Only problem is that the same style could have spanned about 5 years. Even today... Look at a pic of a Freightliner Century and tell me what year it is...:smokin:
That's just it WW...that road was BUILT by the army...so it's mostly old army vehicles that you see up there. I spoke some more with owner on my last trip...It WAS an old army truck that got modified ...but nobody seems to know the year of it...