LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Aaaaaaah Gee Kat!! And there I was....thinking you are "The Goddess of the North" !! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well....the weather isn't to bad ...yet...sitting in St. Clair MI, will hit Hamilton tomorrow. Thanks Ya!!!
Be safe Stan & have a good trip!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 02-16-2009, 01:25 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty...that IS heartbreaking. I have a mean ass cat but it would still be heartbreaking to lose him, expecially like that.

I can send Lucky up to you as a replacement. He aint scared of dogs! And he's an attack cat. You should see my hand this morning...and he doesn't even have front claws! He's a little turd!

Humphry Davy
Old 02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty...that IS heartbreaking. I have a mean ass cat but it would still be heartbreaking to lose him, expecially like that.

I can send Lucky up to you as a replacement. He aint scared of dogs! And he's an attack cat. You should see my hand this morning...and he doesn't even have front claws! He's a little turd!

Thanks Bloo...I think the dogs must have got him separated from the rest, cause the older cats aren't afraid of dogs either...I have seen them chase ONE dog out of the yard they would just gang up on it...but this was a pack of them...five or so...that's pretty hard to defend against, especially for a cat.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I talk smack about my cat, but when I dog-sit my mom's dogs at my house and if they are both running around the house, I put the kitty up unless I;m able to stay right on top of them...mainly because of "pack dog" mentality. A group of dogs will do things a single dog would never attempt. That's the one thing I don't like about dogs, in general.

Humphry Davy
Old 02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I talk smack about my cat, but when I dog-sit my mom's dogs at my house and if they are both running around the house, I put the kitty up unless I;m able to stay right on top of them...mainly because of "pack dog" mentality. A group of dogs will do things a single dog would never attempt. That's the one thing I don't like about dogs, in general.
That's just it exactly Bloo...My grandfather had a saying about dogs...One dog is great...2 are a 1/2 dog & over 3 are just plain stupid. Which is probably the reason I am just "not" a dog person.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I love dogs and cats both...but I have always kept my dogs close by...I've never let them run loose so they can gang up with other dogs and wreak havoc. I've seen too many good dogs end up dead because of poor owners. I know living in the "country" might be a little different but I'd still not let my dogs run loose for fear that something would get them.

Humphry Davy
Old 02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I love dogs and cats both...but I have always kept my dogs close by...I've never let them run loose so they can gang up with other dogs and wreak havoc. I've seen too many good dogs end up dead because of poor owners. I know living in the "country" might be a little different but I'd still not let my dogs run loose for fear that something would get them.
Hear that...when we had a dog she never left the yard...ever. But some of these "city slickers" that move out to the country...well, "some" of them are none to bright when it comes to animals. Now we have to listen to them yap all day long cause they are penned up all the time...but it never ceases to amaze me how some people think they can just let they're dogs run all over the place...they know damned well they'd never get away with it in the city...so what makes them think they can get away with it in the country.

I feel bad for our nearest neighbour...he has an ancient old collie...poor thing they would go to his place & just torment the hell out of her...even if they wouldn't have killed Dicky I still would have called the county about it cause there was no cause for the torment that poor old dog was going through.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I have a sweet spot for old dog's, too. I'm watching the lady-across-the-street's dog...AGAIN...this week and that poor baby has macular degeration. There's no way I'd stand for her kenneling him in a strange, sterile place while she was gone, that would be cruel. But I nearly cry every time I go home because he pines for her when she's gone (he's half lab, half pitbull) and is so excited to see me when I go to her backyard to let him in...but he runs in to everything...he ran into her grill this morning. She loves him and can't bear the thought of putting him down (I understand that, I guess, he's all she has) but he could knock himself stupid one day just because he's happy to see you.

I feel sorry for your neighbor's old collie, too.

Humphry Davy