User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow. I was going to tell you that it seemed way too small for what you were going to use it for, but the size in the early pictures was definitely deceiving. That's a nice size shop for the trucks. Now get to work filling it up with crap you'll never need!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Wow. I was going to tell you that it seemed way too small for what you were going to use it for, but the size in the early pictures was definitely deceiving. That's a nice size shop for the trucks. Now get to work filling it up with crap you'll never need!
Oh not to worry....we have a 48ft trailer FULL of crap that needs to go in there! Hubby thinks it's too small already & thinking about adding onto it!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Rookie
Red face I am Happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
We have been in the process all summer of waiting.....waiting for a shop for our trucks...it was supposed to be completed August 1. Well...guess what?

There is PROGRESS!!! Here's what I came home to today, after 2 months of looking at the materials lying in our yard....

I am still learnig about how to use this web page,, more like a newbee,, any ways I am happy for you,,your shop and all sence I only know one other person on this web page,, and I Just love cat's and some of your saying,, I was woundering if ya could help me out with some info,,how long have ya been driving ?
My name is Dolores,, I went to truck driving school,5 weeks ago and didn't pass it was a local truck driving school for 3 weeks one week in class room and two for driving maneuver's,, I can do a straight back,, and paella parked but couldn't do a ally dock and down shifting needs work,, they gave me one more week of driving but still didn't pass,,I can go in March 23 to a local college but don't want to wait , I was a school bus driver for 3 years,, and they cut back on my hours so I need to go back to work ,, I am writing in hope of finding a Lady driver who would be will to take me on the road and train me,, is there any one out you may know that could help me,, I am praying ,, I have too many bills and a regular paying Job wont do,, please writ back if you can ,, I know all about other driving company that would train, me I would much rather learen from some one who be patient I truly want to do this so please write if you can
Thanks for your time Dolores
I hate to pick on you for help,, but you just sounded like ya know what your doing
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Are you keeping the dirt floor. Or is there plans for some concrete?

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
I am still learnig about how to use this web page,, more like a newbee,, any ways I am happy for you,,your shop and all sence I only know one other person on this web page,, and I Just love cat's and some of your saying,, I was woundering if ya could help me out with some info,,how long have ya been driving ?
My name is Dolores,, I went to truck driving school,5 weeks ago and didn't pass it was a local truck driving school for 3 weeks one week in class room and two for driving maneuver's,, I can do a straight back,, and paella parked but couldn't do a ally dock and down shifting needs work,, they gave me one more week of driving but still didn't pass,,I can go in March 23 to a local college but don't want to wait , I was a school bus driver for 3 years,, and they cut back on my hours so I need to go back to work ,, I am writing in hope of finding a Lady driver who would be will to take me on the road and train me,, is there any one out you may know that could help me,, I am praying ,, I have too many bills and a regular paying Job wont do,, please writ back if you can ,, I know all about other driving company that would train, me I would much rather learen from some one who be patient I truly want to do this so please write if you can
Thanks for your time Dolores
I hate to pick on you for help,, but you just sounded like ya know what your doing
Welcome Dolores, I definitely have been at this a long time, but unfortunately I can't really help in the training department as I am in Canada, but for general trucking advise I'm always happy to answer any questions I can.

Best advise I can give you right now is try to find a reputable company that would be willing to train you. I understand that many of the larger companies have woman trainers now. RebelDarlin & 4forRoses would likely be your best help in that department.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Are you keeping the dirt floor. Or is there plans for some concrete?
Right now the floor is packed gravel...4 damned loads of it! But yes, we are hoping to get "some" concrete next year. Since to accommodate the weight of the trucks the concrete has to be a minimum of 6" thick, we just couldn't afford the 25,000$ for it this year. But if things go well AFTER we get the furnace...then concrete will be the next item on the adgenda.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Someone was asking about the "shop" cats?

Here they are...

There's Minnie & Pearl...take your pick, even I'm not sure which is which some days!

Dave...

Dicky...

and...Last but certainly not least .... Diesel..

Then... of all things... I found two feral cats living in the WAY back yard that have been showing up for food & shelter lately, but they haven't stood still long enough for me to get their picture!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Question

Where are the picx of the completed shop?? Them kitties look spoiled.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
Right now the floor is packed gravel...4 damned loads of it! But yes, we are hoping to get "some" concrete next year. Since to accommodate the weight of the trucks the concrete has to be a minimum of 6" thick, we just couldn't afford the 25,000$ for it this year. But if things go well AFTER we get the furnace...then concrete will be the next item on the adgenda.
I know concrete is alot of $$$.

Anyway it is a really really nice barn. Good luck with it.:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Where are the picx of the completed shop?? Them kitties look spoiled.
I just realized I didn't do that? Will remedy today!