User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 04:21 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default One for the ladies to CHEER about...

I don't know how many guys would know the name "JULIA CHILD", but I remember hearing her talking about cooking on TV. I don't know if I could put up with that voice long, but she did know about food.

She knew much more than food. We all blow our horns about the guys that are known as HEROS, but how many know about women that served their country just as well?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dail...me-is-chi.html

In another article, she was in charge of several clandestine operations in China. They just released the information on her. She always played it down, and this article doesn't say a lot either. The other one I read said much more. Wish I'd saved the link.

So, ladies, you also have someone to brag about.

Where's that flag smiley?

Old 08-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Julia certainly did work for the OSS, but, she was always very quick to point out, in a clerical position.
Wow! We've come a LONG way haven't we? :shock:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Julia certainly did work for the OSS, but, she was always very quick to point out, in a clerical position.
Wow! We've come a LONG way haven't we? :shock:
She's not the only one that made a contribution back then. Remember hearing about the "NORDEN BOMB SIGHT"? That's where the term "CROSS-HAIRS" came from. That SUPER SECRET device that helped "pin-point bombing", not only in WWII, but also in the Korean War, and even in Viet Nam. Carl Norden may be credited for inventing it, but he did have help. And, those "cross-hairs" really were human hairs. Fine, red, human hairs. From the head of the lady that assisted him all the way. Jane Mansfield. (Paul Harvey, THE REST OF THE STORY)

Or were you talking about me coming a long way?

You forgot the "FLAG SMILEY"...