User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I dated a former truck driving lady!

Several months ago I met this very, VERY cute little petite lady via the internet. We dated for a while. On one of our dates I mentioned to her that I was interested in becoming a Professional Truck Driver. And this is when she blew me away! SHE used to be a Professional Truck Driver! Totally blew me away because she was so petite! I know, petite women can do anything. But, I was dating her ... and she was a truck driver! So, after I found that out we spent the next several hours discussing trucking. Her dad was a trucker. So, she went to school, then went with a trainer for a year. This was back in the late 80's or early 90's. Then, she teamed with her dad. Every cent she made she saved and after that first year she was able to pay CASH for a home and some land in Oklahoma. This just blew me away! I just wanted to share this with everyon! Steve
Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Back in '97, I taught a lady to drive. Today, she's driven dry-vans, reefer, and flatbed. And she likes flatbed best of all. She's 4' 11 3/4" tall and weighs in at a WHOPPING 109 pounds. Not only does she drive, she also secures loads on a SKATEBOARD. It's not what you get to look at, it's what they're made of on the inside.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Back in '97, I taught a lady to drive. Today, she's driven dry-vans, reefer, and flatbed. And she likes flatbed best of all. She's 4' 11 3/4" tall and weighs in at a WHOPPING 109 pounds. Not only does she drive, she also secures loads on a SKATEBOARD. It's not what you get to look at, it's what they're made of on the inside.
WOW!!! I'm about her size and only about 10lbs. lighter. We petite women can do anything. I'll need a new career after the stay-at-home mom thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
WOW!!! I'm about her size and only about 10lbs. lighter. We petite women can do anything. I'll need a new career after the stay-at-home mom thing.
When the time comes, YOU are the only thing that can hold you back. I should add, however, that she DID find a truck that she is not able to drive without blocking the peddles. That's a Kenworth T-2000. If she can operate the peddles, she can not see over the dash.

Driving a Freightliner COE, DOT pulled her around back and all he wanted to see was her driver's license to make sure she was old enough to drive a truck. When he saw that she was 43 years old, he let her go and went back in the coop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the comments everyone, I am 4ft 10, weigh about 105lbs. I too want to run flatbed.

My man runs flatbed, I've been out with him a few times. I actually like strapping/securing the loads....although tarps are much like parachutes on my own. I think I surprised him the first time....."not bad for a rookie" he said.

ATTITUDE COUNTS!