User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I dunno Reb, I thought about the bus thing once too...but then I recalled that my FREIGHT doesn't talk back or complain or whine cause they gotta pee, or tell me they don't like what I'm listenin to on the radio....I decided to stay with trucks...MUCH quieter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for one thing it's not so much the cold I was worried about... THAT is a piece of cake once you get used to it. What always troubles me about taking a passenger in the winter is the isolation...if you have a break down it could be HOURS before the next truck comes along to give you a hand or a lift anywhere. I usually make a "no rider" policy in winter... for my passengers safety more than anything. I won't even take Maui...see below...in winter....

And she LOVES being in the truck...and I can tell you is mighty p.o'd when I leave...

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
I dunno Reb, I thought about the bus thing once too...but then I recalled that my FREIGHT doesn't talk back or complain or whine cause they gotta pee, or tell me they don't like what I'm listenin to on the radio....I decided to stay with trucks...MUCH quieter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's my line of thinking...I want to drive tankers, eventually, so I thought if I could manage a 50' bus full of people without knocking them off their seats, it would be good practice. Plis I have 3 daughters an dhave gotten very good at tuning people out, if you know what I mean :wink:

And for one thing it's not so much the cold I was worried about... THAT is a piece of cake once you get used to it. What always troubles me about taking a passenger in the winter is the isolation...if you have a break down it could be HOURS before the next truck comes along to give you a hand or a lift anywhere. I usually make a "no rider" policy in winter... for my passengers safety more than anything. I won't even take Maui...see below...in winter....

And she LOVES being in the truck...and I can tell you is mighty p.o'd when I leave...
I know what you mean. I broke down in Montana one time and it was 6 hours before somebody stopped. I was 40+ miles from the last town I went by and it was 60+ to the next. Saw one of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen that day.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I hear that, but when it's 55 below zero, it could get one dead pretty quick! :cry: :cry:

That's why I'm always reluctant to take anyone in winter. And there's not mucj to see except ALOT of snow & night. There's only 4 hours of daylight in winter...THO...the stars are something else...REALLY bright!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes I SO missed the Northern sky while I was gone. Though soon it'll be 24 hour daylight, and I like that just as much, =P
Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNorthStar
Yes I SO missed the Northern sky while I was gone. Though soon it'll be 24 hour daylight, and I like that just as much, =P
Isn't the night sky incredible in the North? Stars so bright & close you can almost reach out & touch them! The northern lights have been stunning the last few weeks... reds, blues, purples, yellows & greens...Arctic Rainbow!

I had a close encounter...don't laugh too loud... with the moon one night...honest! And no...i wasn't smokin anything either LOL

Came around a rock cut just before Yellowknife one night...oh man the night was incredible! And there it was freaking HUGE man...like I was going to drive right into it, seemed to hang right there just a few feet off the ground...bright orange...like it always is in the fall...harvest moon...just stunning!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

wildkat ..... if possible PLEASE get some picture of the notherlights ... that's one area I've never seen in person and hope before I take that final trip to the other side .... I get to experience it in person ... I'd do just about anything to stand and just watch and soak it all in. ........ The same goes for you LadyNorth .... try to get me a picture or pictures of those awesome lights :wink:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 03-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses
wildkat ..... if possible PLEASE get some picture of the notherlights ... that's one area I've never seen in person and hope before I take that final trip to the other side .... I get to experience it in person ... I'd do just about anything to stand and just watch and soak it all in. ........ The same goes for you LadyNorth .... try to get me a picture or pictures of those awesome lights :wink:
Rose; I have TRIED & TRIED & TRIED, but they never seem to turn out :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a night setting on my camera & have used it, but my tripod doesn't like the cold a whole bunch & by the time the exposure is right the batteries are dead on the camera from the cold....BUT I KNOW that one day I will get it right!

They just literally "dance" across the sky, it's almost like watching waves on the ocean!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Roses I am a bit of a photgraphy buff, my goal this winter was to get some northern lights shots. (I was taught how to get them) then I went down South all winter!
I will surely share when I succeed!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh goody goody :!: :!: :!: ......... I can't wait to see some pictures of those awesome lights. You 2 ladies are so lucky to be able to experience such wonders in this world. For some reason I just need to get my 'fix' ... heheheee ....

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNorthStar
Roses I am a bit of a photgraphy buff, my goal this winter was to get some northern lights shots. (I was taught how to get them) then I went down South all winter!
I will surely share when I succeed!
Yes please share how, I have tried to get shots of the northern lights many times, but they never turn out.