User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yeah, some pretty bad ones out here too...bad one with LiquidAir truck early in the week...nobody knows what happened with that one...nothing left of the truck...ugly mess.

I don't mind the snow so much, just wasn't prepared for this...came upon it real sudden like, one mile roads were rain wet. next 10" of snow on the road...

Rocky was real light, so was kinda nerve racking...and I'd just spent
125$ washing the last NWT dirt off my truck...THAT pissed me off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 09-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

send some of that snow down south... i can't wait for a nice blizzard!!!!!!

ohh, can you send that snow second day air please
Old 09-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
send some of that snow down south... i can't wait for a nice blizzard!!!!!!

ohh, can you send that snow second day air please
ROFLMAO!!!!

Tell ya what...you send some of that global warming up here & I' make a trade... We are about 2 months early on the snow....It can leave till December so far as I'm concerned.

The north is about a month ahead on winter, they usually don't get snow till Halloween, so needless to say THEY are not happy! Sheesh we got frost in August for cying out loud...We USUALLY don't get frost till OCTOBER!!!!

Did somebody say something about GLOBAL WARMING??? WHERE I can't find it...send some this way PLEASE!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Wow nice pics everyone! I never look forward to the snow. Makes for slower rides for sure. By the end of October we can get snow as well, but it does not last. It is the freezing rain that rattles my nerves! (Tanker - half full - freezing rain = yikes!!!!!)

Wildkat, try this site: www.metric-conversions.org 8)
Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joettanne
Wow nice pics everyone! I never look forward to the snow. Makes for slower rides for sure. By the end of October we can get snow as well, but it does not last. It is the freezing rain that rattles my nerves! (Tanker - half full - freezing rain = yikes!!!!!)

Wildkat, try this site: www.metric-conversions.org 8)
Double thanks joettanne...

Well I think this stuff is here (there) to stay, as there was about a foot of it in the ditches & the days are too short now to melt it all...days are down to less than 8 hours up there now, and will be down to 4 in another month or so...early winter...again

Old 10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I know what you mean about Winter arriving, I noticed the other night it had cooled of below 85 degrees F. after the sun had set. We haven't seen those temperatures since last March. Looks like it might be a cold one this year.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

They're forecasting '60's this coming week. Time to break out the snow chains.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

60's....80's?????????]

WOW! That's SUMMER weather here....most nights up there are -5 or lower & daytimes are +8 to 10 if lucky

LMAO you guys are SSSOOOO spoiled :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b]

Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
60's....80's?????????]

WOW! That's SUMMER weather here....most nights up there are -5 or lower & daytimes are +8 to 10 if lucky

Hey Wildkat, how're you doing ? I remember reading one of your earlier posts in a different thread about you being a trainer for LCVs. How different is it from driving a super B ? Also, how does one get to train for the LCV endorsement ?

Talking about snow, about 2-3 weeks back, I had to deliver a split load of cement and ash....the pup at Westlock, and the lead at Mayerthorpe. The day started off well enough, and after unloading at Westlock, I was headed towards Mayerthorpe through Barrhead. All of a sudden, without any warning it started snowing pretty heavily, at around 12pm or so. It caught me so completely by surprise, that I actually had to pull over for a few minutes, and pinch myself to check if I was dreaming. Strangely enough, on the trip back to Edmonton on Hwy 43, there was absolutely no trace of the snow that had fallen earlier.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
60's....80's?????????]

Hey Wildkat, how're you doing ? I remember reading one of your earlier posts in a different thread about you being a trainer for LCVs. How different is it from driving a super B ? Also, how does one get to train for the LCV endorsement ?

Talking about snow, about 2-3 weeks back, I had to deliver a split load of cement and ash....the pup at Westlock, and the lead at Mayerthorpe. The day started off well enough, and after unloading at Westlock, I was headed towards Mayerthorpe through Barrhead. All of a sudden, without any warning it started snowing pretty heavily, at around 12pm or so. It caught me so completely by surprise, that I actually had to pull over for a few minutes, and pinch myself to check if I was dreaming. Strangely enough, on the trip back to Edmonton on Hwy 43, there was absolutely no trace of the snow that had fallen earlier.
Doing well Graymist...just coming into our busy season, so like I wasn't busy enough all summer, is just going to get worse! :roll: :roll:

Yes I have my instructor's permit to teach LCV. Usually, you get it by starting a job with a company that hauls LCV, as with TDG it is company specific. But, you can get the course at a driving school if you want to pay for it (about $300). You also have to have a minimum of 150,000 kms verifiable experience or two years. Most companies want 2 years as I've known guys to get the mileage requirement in less than a year (I do 150,000 kms in 6 months), & IMHO that is not near enough experience.

LCV is quite a bit different from Super B's, as you can't back them up more than about 10 ft, too many articulation points...I used to be able to back a Super B into anyplace you can back a single trailer. LOL Matter of fact I was a bit concerned that I had forgotten to how to back up one trailer cause I hadn't done it for about 10 years, only Super B's :lol: :lol: The other difference is that they are about 10,000KG lighter, and you have one long trailer & one short, can be hauled either was so long as the heavier is in the front.

And, there are alot of restrictions as to where & when & on what highways you can travel on. Also about traveling in adverse weather, etc.

That's the short version If you want a more detailed explaination check out Alberta Gov't website for the specifics: http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFT...uction/lcv.pdf

Rocky Mountain Double: