User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wildkat, a question for you

Would you be able to tell me what the tax deduction that I can claim for daily meals is, here in AB ? Also, as a company driver, what are the other deductions that one can claim ? I asked our HR manager about this, but she wasn't very clear, so I figured that you might be the best person to ask, since you have your own outfit. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

It depends on how you claim your meals. I use the "simplified" method, meaning I claim a fixed rate for each day that I am on the road. There is a raging controversey on just what that amount should be, but it has been my experience that the gov't does not find $50/day unreasonable. I also understand that this year the rate is going from 50% back to 80% of the allowable expenses will be used.

You can claim any expenses that you would encur on the road, for example if you have a cell phone, any maps you buy, the US exchange rate (which fortunately is pretty low now).

Hope this helps you.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
It depends on how you claim your meals. I use the "simplified" method, meaning I claim a fixed rate for each day that I am on the road. There is a raging controversey on just what that amount should be, but it has been my experience that the gov't does not find $50/day unreasonable. I also understand that this year the rate is going from 50% back to 80% of the allowable expenses will be used.

You can claim any expenses that you would encur on the road, for example if you have a cell phone, any maps you buy, the US exchange rate (which fortunately is pretty low now).

Hope this helps you.
Thanks for your prompt response, Wildkat. Hope you get to enjoy your long weekend....me, I'll be truckin', and will only get Monday off. :sad:
Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Welcome Greymist...sometimes it takes me a few days to respond as I only get to check this stuff out when I am at home as I run the far north & don't even have cell phone service let alone anything else.

Long weekend??? Is that what this is...I just crawled in today...maybe if am lucky will get tomorrow off...first day (real one, zero hours on the book) in hmmmmm.....48 days. No wonder I'm tired LOL

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"