User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
I know Lady...but believe me I KNOW the rules...I TEACH LCV. The law states you must have 2 years VERIFIABLE experience to get your LCV. BUT, many companies (I know a couple) are doing it, BUT if they ever get caught or the person has an accident.... well I don't think I have to tell you what will happen...But realistically would you want a green driver pulling this stuff? I know I sure wouldn't!
It's 2 yrs OR 150,000km. It's an Alberta rule.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001

It's 2 yrs OR 150,000km. It's an Alberta rule.
Hey now that woul make sence, they wanted me to have 150,000 km's in order to be hired. I didn't, but I have no need for an LCV running up here, so I guess it didn't matter.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

No more I'm right, you're wrong.

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFT...uction/lcv.pdf

2 years or 150,000 km experience
Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Actually you are both wrong, if you actually read the requirements it states you must have 24 months or 150,000kms with ARTICULATED vehicles.

COPIED:

7. That the carrier is responsible to issue an annual LCV Driver’s Certificate. The Driver’s Certificate is
valid for a period of 12 months after the date of issue and must be in the possession of the driver at
all times when operating an LCV. Prior to issuing an LCV Driver’s Certificate, the carrier must ensure
the driver meets the following qualifications:
(a) Holds a valid Class 1 driver’s license or equivalent.
(b) Has passed a recognized air brake course.
(c) Has a minimum of 24 months or 150,000 km of driving experience with articulated vehicles.
(d) Has passed a Professional Driver Improvement Course within the past 48 months.
(e) Has passed the Canadian Trucking Alliance’s “Longer Combination Vehicles Driver Training
Course”, or equivalent.
(f) The driver’s abstract, dated not more than one month prior to the issue date of the Drivers
Certificate, must show no driving-related criminal code convictions in the prior 36 months; no
more than 2 moving violations in the prior 12 months; and no more than 3 moving violations in the
prior 36 months. The date of conviction and the current date will be the dates used to determine
time periods.
(g) In the past 12 months the driver has been instructed on all current regulations, permit conditions
and issues covering the operation of LCV’s.

AND Alberta requires an Air Brake endorsement just to have a Class 1 (CDL) licence, so if you do not have this endorsement your CDL may NOT be recognized here.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Good freakin lord woman. :roll: I assume automatically we are talking about training truckers here, tractor trailer truckers, not body job truckers.

I almost typed the articulated part too and figured I wouldn't need to, silly me.

Have a drink on me wildkat.... I think you need to relax a bit.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Awww... lady no offense intended...I just get a bit tired of "some" (not you, mind...) people treating me like I don't know what I'm talking about...and seem to be constantly having to prove that I do...I think after nearly 30 years at this I would be somewhat qualified...

Anyway, after years of having my instructor's licence, being constantly tested & examined to nth degree.... well when you've been at this as long as I have...one gets a bit tired of always having to trot out her qualifications to be taken seriously...AND am just a tad on the tired side these days...been running too hard...etc, etc... No excuse I know...Defintely need to relax some that's for sure... YIKES I need a freakin holiday! No rest for the weary as they say! :-)

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 07-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Ladies .... clearly BOTH of you know what Your talking about. ... BOTH of you Ladies have been at this job long enough to be qualified to help other new drivers joining the profession. So how about a group hug and pat each other on the back ... There's one thing for sure ... Both of You are working in an area that I don't think I could do ... I'm a scaried kat .... and I don't care to go swimming in ice water .. :lol: .... if the pavement doesn't have that yellow line and head lights that blind you at night ... it's not for me. :wink:

4roses 8)

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Board Regular

There's a big difference between 2 yrs and 150,000km....almost a year.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Post deleted. lol I just can't be bothered to keep this up. Some people are just always right, even when they are just re stating what right person #1 said.
I was in a relationship like that once. lol
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses

Ladies .... clearly BOTH of you know what Your talking about. ... BOTH of you Ladies have been at this job long enough to be qualified to help other new drivers joining the profession. So how about a group hug and pat each other on the back ... There's one thing for sure ... Both of You are working in an area that I don't think I could do ... I'm a scaried kat .... and I don't care to go swimming in ice water .. :lol: .... if the pavement doesn't have that yellow line and head lights that blind you at night ... it's not for me. :wink:

4roses 8)
Roses: I intended no offense, no did I wish to pick or start a fight with anyone...just a difference of opinion.

In my TEACHING experience, most reputable companies in Alberta will not recognize the 150,000 km thing. It's just simply NOT enough experience. I have been teaching LCV for several years now, believe you me it's a tough go, not for everyone. I've seen guys go through the course, you think they got it, they pass the test & have a wreck the first trip on their own. Personally I run over 300,000 kms per year...all with LCV & I still have INCREDIBLY scary experiences. Life is scary

I truly love what I do, and I also recognize that trucking is CONSTANT learning...I learn everyday...believe me. But I tend to tell it like it is, I don't paint rosy pictures, & I don't fluff things up. If someone asks my opinion I will give it, unfortunately I work with MEN, so tact is NOT one of my stronger suits. I can be blunt & I usually get right to the point, no pussyfootin here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, unfortunately, we often get posts in serious threads from those who have absolutely no idea what we are talking about. And we often get our threads hijacked by some joker who thinks it's funny to make fun of us.

So forgive me if I get a tad touchy once in awhile...it's usually exhaustion talking...