User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We have the same parent company... Mullen. We've got alot of iron in the north... You buy another 379, with what engine? From edmonton ?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLT
We have the same parent company... Mullen. We've got alot of iron in the north... You buy another 379, with what engine? From edmonton ?
I can imagine... yes bought another 379 long nose, with 475 Cat, 2004, yes from Stahl in Edmonton

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 05-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Twin turbo ? Don't much matter now... :lol: Speaking of Grimshaw, there was an interesting wreck last year... Feb 06 ? south of Grande Prairie. Tractor pulling dubs, flew off the road, down, way down the ditch, everything stayed upright.... This was the middle of the night, loaded in Draton, came back north durring daylight. The bumper, hood looked all good but there was hamburger all over the the flaps in front of the drivers ? I thought the driver must have hit an already dead moose/ elk that was in the driving lane, picking the steer axel up.... It, I'm sure was a Grimshaw. Ring a bell ?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

the turbo's are one behind the other (in front..whatever) :wink: once you have them you wonder how you ever did without them. they give extra *boost* when more power is required for pulling a big hill for instance (i can pass 5 axles on hills! ) the 2nd turbo only kicks in when required, it a bit of a unique sound to get used to & makes it so the engine doesn't have to work quite so hard pulling big stuff up big hills

i don't recall the accident specifically, but dead stuff & debris is a major hazard on the highway, specially at night. I nearly hit a few already dead ones already. thank god for my arctic road lights (100 w/lite) or i would have never seen it in the dark...only takes one 10,000$ repair bill to do all possible to avoid hitting anything.

on an update, brought the new truck home last night, looks good, but sure handles differently from mine. nothing wrong, just different. :lol:

Here is a quick shot of the new one:

And here is mine:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"